Chapter 49

I decide to get up to freshen up in the bathroom. I walk in and it's empty. I look in the mirror: my eyes have bags under them, my hair is a mess and I'm pretty sure something died in my mouth while I slept. I wash my face with cold water, life is slowly coming back into it. I re-tie my hair, combing through it with my fingers, like Matt does when I'm sad.

Things like that make me realise that I was an idiot to break up with him, not just because he's famous, but because he cared about me and I cared about him. I still do of course.

I walk out of the bathroom, walking to the nearest vending machine whilst rummaging around for loose change in my pockets. I get there and choose a packet of gum, I put my change in and almost instantaneously it falls to the bottom of the machine. I pull it out and soon begin to chew. I know that I'll have to share it with the rest of the boys because they share everything which means I have to share everything. I walk back to find the boys fast asleep and a very worried looking Matt.

"Where were you?" He says, his voice raspy as he's just woken up, but he still looks perfect
"I went to the toilet" he seems relived to see that I'm okay "why are you so worried?" I say, slightly angry at myself for feeling this way about him
"You mean a lot to me, I didn't want you to get hurt" I mean a lot to him? Well he means a lot to me. Go on Sky, tell him you still like him, he likes you back, Nash told you he did. Go on Sky, tell hi- "You're one of my best friends after all" okay or don't tell him. That word. Friends. It just about kills all the hope I might have had that he liked me. I guess Nash was wrong. Nash is always wrong. Wait no, Nash is always right? So why does Matt keep friend zoning me? Maybe I can get one of the boys to talk to him? Find out if he likes me? I can't really ask Taylor because he likes me and that would be a bit awkward, that would be like matt asking me to find out if Amy likes him. I overthink too much. He doesn't like you anymore Sky. And that's final.

Or does he?