Chapter 36

"Which one of you is Shawn?"
Shawn stands up and walks towards the nurse. She hands him a piece of crumpled paper with splatters of blood on it. "We found this in her back pocket" and she disappears through the doors. Shawn sits down, staring at the folded paper.
"I can't do it Sky, I can't read it" he hands it to me but I hand it to Taylor, there's no way I could read it. He begins to read aloud
"Shawn, ever since I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one, I fell in love with your voice, your smile, your hands, your body, your lazy eye" Shawn chuckles slightly to himself.

"I knew that I had to do anything I could to meet you and when I was given the chance I couldn't have been happier. You were everything I'd always expected and so much more, you're the most loving, kind, beautiful, funny, intelligent person I know and I love you. I'm sorry that I hurt you before but you've changed me. You've made me a better person and I love you for that. Now, I'm in this closet, I don't know what's in store for me, I'm fine right now, but I'll probably be drugged and beaten. If you're reading this, I'm probably dead. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart. Goodnight baby xxx"

With that Taylor folds the paper back up as Shawn let's out a burst of crying.

"Wait there's something on the back" I say taking the note from Taylor's hands. "I want you to make sure Sky stays safe." I drop the note as the doors open again. The same nurse bends down in front of me, she places a crumpled bit of paper in my hands
"We also found this"
I open the note as she leaves once again. Tears fill my eyes as I begin to read.