Chapter 17

Amy's POV

"Anna" she says and then she faints. Matt and Taylor run over to help her at what seems to be the speed of light, but I guess not. I pull myself out of the chair to go and help my best friend but I can't stop thinking about that name. Anna. Where do I know that name? I rack my brain trying to remember where I know that name from. I think back through all the conversations I've ever had with Skylar until it hits me. I stroll casually past Sky, Taylor and Matt have her under control, I think she's awake now. I walk up to the waitress-Anna and stand so our faces are inches apart. She looks pretty happy with herself.

I feel the stares of everyone in the restaurant, watching, waiting. I raise my right arm and connect it with her right eye. Her legs buckle and she falls to the ground, blood spilling from her newly bruised eye. I turn around and stroll at a constant pace pass my best friend, past the group of boys now smiling at me, pass the table with an old couple looking at me disapprovingly and straight out of the door.

Sky's POV

She hit her. I can't believe she hit her. She did the one thing I should have done for all those years without a second of hesitation. This is why she's my best friend. I can't help but smile at the person who ruined my life and caused me so much agony, lying on the floor, bleeding.

Taylor and Matt had rushed to help me when I'd fainted. They tell me that I was only unconscious for a few minutes. It felt like hours. Every time it had always felt like hours. Matt pulls me up to my feet and helps me gain my balance. I remember that I'm mad at him so I pull away from him and start heading towards the car, I need to thank Amy. Before I reach the table again, I turn back and head towards the girl I hate with all I have. I lean down so that my mouth is next to her ear.
"I hate you" I whisper in her ear, my British accent now stronger than ever. As I turn to leave I feel someone kick me in the right leg. I turn to look where she had previously been lying 2 seconds ago. There was no one there.
I shrug it off and turn to go back to the car. I try but my path is blocked. I am stood face to face with the person who forced all the cuts, bruises, scars and broken bones. Before I can say anything, I feel a sharp pain in my gut. I double over in pain. Whilst on the floor I touch the site of the pain and bring my hand back up to see it covered in blood. She couldn't have, could she? I hear a butter knife drop to the ground and see Anna towering over me smiling. She spits on me and walks away continuing with her work.

I turn my head to my left and I see the knife covered in my blood. No tears form in my eyes, I'm done with her causing me to cry. I've cried enough in my life. Instead I just stand up and walk out to the car. The pain is ripping through my whole body now, but I choose not to feel it.

The boys run out to the car and join me in the passenger seats of the limo.
"Sky, you're bleeding, we have to get you to a hospital" Cameron says panicking.
"No you don't, just take me back to the hotel, I just need a first aid kit and a drink of water and I'll be fine" I say quietly.
"No Sky, you need a hospital, you've been stabbed with a blunt knife. Do you know how much damage that can do to you?" Nash counters.
"I'll be fine guys, really. Please just take me back to the hotel" I say calmly. Cameron and Nash start to argue but Amy cuts them off.
"Just do what she says guys" Amy says sternly. The boys agree and the car starts.

"So what was all that about?" Jack Johnson asks. Amy, Matt, Taylor and I stay silent. We're the only ones who know the story behind what just happened.
"You kind of have to tell us now" Carter says looking slightly hurt that he didn't know.
I look to Amy. She nods and starts telling the remaining boys about my life in England.

After she's finished telling them, they all sit stunned at the news.
"Sky, why didn't you tell us?" Jack Gilinsky says staring deeply into my eyes. I look out of the window.
"I didn't want to seem like another girl who uses her horrible past and sob story to become friends with you"
"Sky" Jack starts "you could have told us anyway"
"I couldn't. I couldn't even tell my mum at first, my little sister doesn't know, what am I meant to tell her now? Now I've got stabbing scars across my gut?" I say, talking to myself rather than to the group "and my mum. My mum is never going to let me go anywhere on my own again. And my dad, my dad will insist that we move again, now that this has happened." Amy grabs hold of my hand and stroke the top of my hand with her thumb.
"It's going to be alright" she says. I know it won't but I choose not to start another argument. "I'm going to have to ring your mum and tell her you know?"
"Why?"
"I'm responsible for you on this trip, you're 15, I'm your supervisor" I nod my head defeatedly as we pull up outside the hotel.
"Do you mind if I stay with you tonight? I want to make sure you're alright?" This is the first time Matt has spoken to me since we left the diner. I have no energy left to refuse, so I just nod. He seems like he truly cares about me.

We get out of the car and Matt helps me up to my room. Amy's on the phone with my mum already out in the corridor. Matt helps me down onto the bed and runs to get the room's first aid kit. He hands it to me along with a glass of water and I clean myself up.
"How do you know how to do that?" He asks
"I took an online first aid course, it comes in handy when things like this happen" he laughs even though I wasn't joking.
"Sky, I really am sorry I hurt you, you not talking to me has practically killed me. I'm in love with you Sky" he says fighting back tears.