Chapter 35

We pull up outside the hospital as the ambulance doors swing open. I see lots of nurses and doctors rushing towards us, getting Amy out of the van. I follow behind as they run, pushing Amy through the halls of the hospital. A nurse turns to me and stops me as Amy is pushed through some double doors.
"We are going to need to wait out here, she needs x rays and possibly surgery."
"Ok" I whisper as she follows the stretcher through the doors. Once again I'm left alone. I drop to my knees and sob into my hands.

Moments later I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up. Taylor. He pulls me to my feet and into a tight hug.
"It's okay baby, she's going to be okay" he gently runs my back whilst running his other hand through the ends of my hair.
"What if she isn't?"
"Don't think like that" he looks into my eyes
"It's my fault Tay. I shouldn't have come here" I say whilst wiping my tears on Taylor's shirt. "If I hadn't come to America, I never would have met Amy, I would never have got her into this mess and she'd be her normal self, she never would have got hurt"
"Sky, it's not your fault, it's that girl's. I'm sorry I wasn't there with you"
"Don't apologise, I didn't tell you I was going"
"You did text me though, I could have come but I didn't" he says just as the remainder of the boys walk in. All except Matt.
"Where's Matt?" I ask
"He said something about a text-" Carter says
"Where is she?" Shawn cuts him off bursting into the waiting room.
"She's having x rays" I sniff
"I want to say sorry, for snapping at you yesterday. I realise now that we have to stay strong, for Amy. How can we be strong if we aren't talking?" Shawn says as a tear rolls down his cheek. I nod silently and pull him into a hug whilst he cries into my shoulder.

"What were you saying Carter?"
"Matt said something about a text he sent you and you didn't reply? He's gone to the pier or something? I don't know why he's so worked up about it?"
I instantly pull out my phone and ring Matt. No answer. I decide to leave a message.
"Matt? It's sky, when you get this please call me Matt. I need you, I need you more than I've ever needed anyone before, I can't lose you, I'm sorry I didn't reply, I got caught up. I'm at the hospital, with Amy. Please Matt, I need you here right now"

I sit back into a nearby chair, the boys are already sat, most of them with their heads in their hands. About 10 minutes later I see a familiar face at the door.