Chapter 18

I wake to the sound of an unfamiliar alarm. It isn't mine and it isn't Amy's. Who's is it? And why can't I remember anything about last night? And why does my stomach hurt so much?

I turn to my left, expecting to find Amy sprawled out over her side of the bed. Instead I find Matt. What? I'm meant to be mad at him? Jeeees why does my stomach hurt so much?

I slide out of bed careful not to wake Matt and go to the bathroom to inspect myself. I look in the mirror at my recently cut gut and I remember everything. The waitress or should I say the girl who made my life hell stabbing me, the limousine ride back to the hotel, Matt asking if he could stay the night. Me agreeing. Why the heck did I do that? Matt telling me that he loves me. Me standing in the middle of the room speechless. Wait, Matt told me he loves me? I have to be wrong. Less than 24 hours ago he screamed in my face telling me to pretty much 'get lost'. I must be remembering things wrong.

I change my blood-soaked bandage and crawl back into bed. I lift up the covers and all I see is red. Shit. I decide to wake Matt up seeing as his alarm did a lousy job doing it. I shake him gentle whilst whispering his name. After about a minute of gently waking him up, he opens his eyes and smiles at me.

"Good morning beautiful"
"Yeah hi" I say panicked "I kind of bled all over the bed. And you."
"What?" He takes a second to realise what I'm talking about and he looks down at my shirt. As you might have guessed, it's blood-soaked as well. Matt brings his hand up to my face and wipes away a tear that I didn't realise I had made. "Don't cry sky, does it hurt?"
"Not as much as it has before" I say "I'm so sorry that I've ruined your clothes Matt"
He looks down at his clothes realising that they are too bright red.
"What am I going to do? My mum's gonna kill me when I get home"
"Hey, hey I'm sure she'll care more that you're okay and in one piece"
"Barely" I add with a smirk. He laughs and gets out of bed. He looks at his phone. It's 8:35.
"Magcon starts at 11. Considering if you still want to go"
"I paid $160 to meet the 9 people I love more than anything in the world, I'm not going to let some little scratch on my stomach stop me!" Matt laughs as I walk to the wardrobe to pick out an outfit. "I really didn't pack enough clothes" I say more to myself than Matt, but anyway I turn around to see Matt sat on the bed shirtless.
"I'd give you this but it's a little stained he says throwing the top at me.
"I'll text Amy and see if I can wear anything of hers.
(A=Amy S=Skylar)
S: hey A, do you have anything I can wear today? All of my clothes are dirty. Xx
A: sure, pick anything you want, I told you you'd need more but oh no, don't listen to Amy!
S: thankss! You're such a drama queen! Even over text!
A: you've got to admit it, I'm always right! I've got some hot gossip for you!
S: come on then, spill x
A: I'll tell you at breakfast! How's your tummy?
S: ah it's okay, woke up in a pool of my own blood tho. Matt did as well ;)
A: you and Matt hey?
S: nothing happened, I still haven't totally forgiven him yet.

"I really am sorry about that sky, it meant nothing" Matt says
"Were you reading my texts?" I say raising my eyebrow
"Nooooo" he drags and gets up, walking towards the shower. "Can I take a shower? I'll be like 2 minutes" I nod and return to my phone.

A:ah I'm sorry sky, you know I never meant to hurt you :(
S: I know A, I just wish you'd told me.
A: I wish I had too x
S: I have to go pick out an outfit for the day
A: I'd recommend my nashty top with my white jeans?
S: what about my bleeding situation?
A: if you bleed on them then you can just buy me a new outfit ;)
S: deal, see you at 9!
A: see you at 9 :) I'll save you and Matt a seat :)

I pick out Amy's white jeans, nashty top, my white lacy bra and some white panties from the draw and head towards the bathroom. I knock on the door.
"Matt, hurry up, we'll be late!" I shout through the door. As I say it the door opens.
"You could have just got in with me you know" he smirks
"Oh haha" I tease and walk into the bathroom
---
"Wow you look beautiful" Matt says, his eyes lighting up
"Not so bad yourself" he's wearing his Matt Espinosa top and beanie with a pair of 3/4 chinos and some blue converse. "Talk about self promotion" I wink
"Someone's gotta do it, you're promoting Nash so I have to promote myself don't i?"
I laugh because I don't have an answer "shall we go?"

We walk to the breakfast room on the bottom floor of the hotel.
"Sky, is that you?"