Chapter 19

"Sky is that you?" I hear a voice say. I've never heard this voice in my life. I'm 100% sure of it. I turn to see a girl running towards me. She pulls me into a hug, her long blonde hair falling from behind her ear.
"Hi?" I say cautiously, the girl eventually let's go of me and starts to explain.
"Oh hi, sorry, you don't actually know me, I'm Martha but everyone calls me Marty, I'm a huge fan of yours" she says beaming.
"A fan? Of mine? What?" By this point I'm very confused to how this girl knows me.
"Oh yeah, you're quite famous in the magcult, haven't you noticed that you now have 20,000 followers on twitter?" I haven't checked twitter since I was back home in Huntington Beach. So much has been happening recently, I haven't even had a chance to talk to my twitter friend or now fans. "We call ourselves skylanders, pretty witty right? Because your name's Sky?"
"I get it" this girl talks a lot I think to myself "why exactly am I 'famous' now?"
"Well, over the past few days the boys have been tweeting about you and to you and you seem like a nice person so the magcult see no reason to hate you"
"Hi, I'm Matthew Espinosa" Matt chimes
"Oh hi" Marty says whilst squeezing him in a hug "sorry I got so caught up with Sky I didn't even see you there!" She smiles as we start to walk towards the breakfast room "isn't she great? Are you going to the breakfast? Me and my friend turquoise are too!"
"You have a friend called turquoise?" I say, I thought my name was weird. We walk into the dinning hall and see Amy who gets up and walks over. "Oh no, her names not actually turquoise, her name is Tammy, but her favourite colour is turquoise"
"Hi? Who are you?" Amy says rather rudely, I glare at her until she looks guilty.
"Oh hi, I'm Martha but everyone calls me Marty! I was just talking to Sky about how big of a fan I am! I follow her on every social networking site she has! I even have my own fan page on Instagram!"
"Wow you sure do talk a lot!" Amy says giggling
"Yeah I get told that a lot!" She says as if what Amy said doesn't offend her at all.
"You have your own fan page on Instagram?" I ask
"Yeah it's @skylarpotter_fan" I type it into my Instagram search bar and follow her. Her phone buzzes and she looks at it excitedly. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Sky just followed me on Instagram!!" She shouts over to her friend 'Turquoise' her friend doesn't seem excited at all compared to Marty who is fangirling to the extreme.
"Eh Marty, your bagel's done!" Her friend shouts over to her.
"I should go, I just wanna say that I love you and thank you for being amazing" she smiles, gives me one last hug and runs off to meet her friend.
"I love you too!" I call after her and walk over to the boys shaking my head in disbelief. I have a fan? What?

"Good morning Skylar Marie Potter!" Jack Johnson says eagerly
"Woah what's up with you? You're not this cheery at this time of the morning..are you feeling all right?" I look over to Amy and then to Matt they're both staring at him, giving him the death glare. "What's got you two so moody?" I say gesturing to them both
"Nothing!" They say simultaneously and then look away to start conversations with different people. What are they not telling me?

"Oh Amy, you said you had some exciting news for me?" Maybe this will get her to talk
"Ohhh yeah"
"Well?" She looks to Shawn and he nods at her
"Shawn and I have resolved the whole Carter and Matt issue and he's asked me to be his girlfriend!" She squeals in excitement
"That's great guys! Just one thing, Amy you live in Huntington Beach and Shawn you like in Canada. How will you see each other?"
"We plan to skype, FaceTime, text, call each other everyday and we can drive to see each other" Shawn says smiling and half cuddling Amy from the seat next to her. "As soon as I am old enough to drive"
"Well Sky drives all the time and she's 15!"
"How?"
"Let's just say Amy's a good teacher? Even though she isn't" Shawn looks at me with a disapproving smile "I'm almost 16"
"How long is almost?"
"Errr 4 and a half months"
"Whatever, I'm going to get some food, you guys coming?"

Everyone gets up to go get some food apart from Matt and I.
"You are coming to the event today aren't you?"
"Yeah of course, I've used pretty much all the money I have for these tickets I'm not going to waste them" I say smiling
"Ok good, good"
"Why do you care so much if I'm there or not?" I say trying not to sound rude
"I-I-I like to see a face I know in the crowd during the performances" he sits back in his chair, obviously proud of the lie he'd just made up.
"I know you're lying Matt"
"I'm not" he says raising his voice
"Why won't you just tell me?" I beg. He gets up and heads for the door "where are you going now?!"
"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SKY SO JUST BUTT OUT OF IT!!" He screams. He's said that to me before. I thought he wouldn't be like this. I thought he'd be kind and loving like all the other famous people are with their fans. But no, he's...

Different.