Chapter 45

Of course. I can't help thinking that he didn't want to add that last bit, but maybe I'm just overthinking again. Why do I even care if he still likes me? You broke up with him Sky! That means you don't have feelings for him anymore. Or do I?

This is such a mess. I like Taylor but I also still like Matt. What am I supposed to do? If Amy was still..well Amy, she'd know what to do. What would Amy say? She'd say go with your heart or go for the hottest one. Ha, I miss her so much, even though I'm with her everyday it's not the same. It's not the same when she can't move or respond or maybe even hear what I'm saying to her. I just hope she can feel like I'm there, holding her hand, hoping for her to get better.

"Earth to Sky?" Matt's voice booming over my thoughts "what's up? You haven't spoken for a while and that's not like you?"
"It's nothing" I smile "I was just thinking"
"About Amy?" I nod as I get into the passenger seat of Amy's car. Matt drives us for about 15 minutes before we finally pull up outside a restaurant on the beach and we get out of the car, making our way to the doors.

Matt pulls open the door, gesturing for me to walk inside.
"My lady" he says like they said in medieval times, I curtsy and walk inside laughing.

A waiter takes us to our table and we sit down. Matt studies his menu as I study him, his jawline is just, perfection. No one ever really notices that on him but it's true. He looks up at me, I snap my head down to hide the fact that I was watching him, he chuckles and goes back to reading his menu.

After we order and give our menus to the waiter there's an awkward silence. This is the first time we've properly been together alone since we broke up.
"So have you talked to Brooke?" I say trying to hide my jealousy
"Nah, I don't really like her that much"
"So what's with all the flirting then?"
"I do that with every girl"
"How romantic of you" I tease
"Besides, I already like another girl" he says, I feel my eyes light up at his words. Maybe he likes me. Maybe we can make it work. Maybe we can be together. "But she's already checked out of the hotel" or not. It's funny really, I dumped him but now I want him back, but he's already moved on. I don't blame him. After all he is Matt Espinosa, huge vine star. Why would he like me for any longer then he has to? I'm just some other girl out of the billions he's already met and going to meet. I'm just Sky.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, bringing me away from my thoughts, back to reality, to Matt. I pull out my phone and see a lot of notifications. I unlock my phone and tap the twitter icon. Thousands of retweets of tweets that I've been mentioned in. I look at the tweet. It's Taylor. '@skylarpotter_ where are you? I woke up and you were in the shower, I left whilst you were in there.' And then thousands of tweets replying saying things like 'are you guys fucking?' Or 'ooh get it Taylor' or other things along those lines. I choose to create a tweet '@taylorcaniff and I are NOT dating, there is nothing going on between us, we are just good friends who fell asleep in the same bed okay?' And another 'So you guys can stop with your allegations of things that we have not done. Got it?' Because i couldn't get out what I wanted to say in 140 characters, can anyone?

I slam my phone down on the table in anger, making Matt jump.
"Woah, what's got into you?"
"Twitter"
"Yeah, I get it, the people on there are brutal" he places his hand on top of mine "people make out things to be true and twist them when they're not" I nod "it's hard, I understand, I'm always here if you need me" I smile sympathetically as my phone buzzes again. I use my remaining hand to look at it, now there's a picture that's being retweeted. It's captioned 'are @skylarpotter_ and @themattespinosa back together then?' And the picture is of me and Matt, in a restaurant a lot like the one we are in now, holding hands. I look down, Matt is still holding my hand. Oh my god. Someone in this restaurant took this picture.
"Matt?" He's looking at his phone too
"Yeah I see it" he takes his hand away from mine "see what I mean? People bend the truth. I brought you here to cheer you up and now they think we're dating again."
"Just another day in the life of a celebrity then?" I laugh trying to ease the tension, he laughs too
"Yeah, you could say that"

The waiter brings our food and we eat it in silence. When we are done he brings the bill and Matt instantly takes it
"My treat" he says
"No Matt, I can't let you-"
"Too late" he says handing the waiter the money
"I'll pay you back"
"No you won't" I look at him confused "because I don't want you to. Like I said it's my treat to you" he gets up, throwing me the keys "you're driving"

I agree and we walk outside. It's so nice and sunny, to be honest I'd rather spend a few more minutes out here then stuck in a hospital room. I know it's mean to think but nothing will happen in the few minutes I'm not there for will it?
"Can we sit on the beach for a bit?" I say turning to Matt
"Sure but don't you have to-"
"A few minutes won't hurt" he agrees as I open the car to put my bag inside. I slam the trunk shut and we walk towards the sand. We find a quiet spot and sit down for a few minutes, I lie back and watch the clouds go by. It's almost hypnotising, watching the clouds and the sky. Watching the world go by.

--
I wake to a ringing noise. My phone in my back pocket. It's Taylor. I answer it dazed from my sleep.
"Sky? You have to come quickly, it's an emergency"
"What? What's wrong?"
"Just come quick! It's Amy"