Chapter 14

I open the door as quietly as possible, I don't want to talk to Amy yet. I see her fast asleep in the bed, her clothes scattered on the floor. I laugh to myself at Shawn's stupidity, Amy is my best friend and she's stringing him along, she knows she can get any boy she wants. She's done it before, maybe she deserves Matt, they're both as bad as each other. I walk into the bathroom, lock the door behind me, strip off and jump in the shower.

After about 15 minutes I jump out of the shower, I wrap my towel around me and walk out into the main bedroom. I stop suddenly, accidentally dropping my towel at the sight of who is sat on my bed. I wasn't expecting anyone to be in here.

"Taylor, hi" I say, Taylor is staring me up and down, slightly licking his lips. Then I remember the towel. I quickly drop to the floor, pick up my towel and wrap it around me. "Shit"

Taylor is still staring at me.
"Taylor?"
"I'm sorry, I came to see if you got back okay because you weren't there when I woke up"
"Yeah, sorry, I didn't want to wake you"
"I thought you hated not being woken up?"
"Ah, I guess so"
"So the guys and I are going to brunch in like half an hour" Taylor says laying back on the bed "wanna come?"
"Sure" I soon realise that Amy is no longer in the bed "where's Amy?"
"Oh she let me in, I think I woke her up, I asked her if she wanted to go to brunch and she said yeah, I let her use our shower because she didn't know how long you were going to be" he smiles.
"Oh how kind of you" I say sarcastically
"And I'm very glad I did" he smirks
"Taylor, never talk to anyone about what you just saw" I say flushing red.
"I won't, promise, scouts honour" he says doing the scout promise hand sign "I have one question though"
"What is it?"
"Why the cuts and scars?"
"Taylor" I say softly "I'm sorry but I can't tell you"
"Why not?"
"The last person I told slept with my best friend the night before"
"Well, he's an idiot and I'm not going to tell anyone Skylar I promise you"
"I'm sorry Taylor" I say walking towards the wardrobe
"Please" he says grabbing my arm
"It's nothing" I insist
"Skylar, don't lie to me, you're my biggest fan" he says winking, "I know everything about you; when you're sad, happy, in love and especially when you're lying" he says using my words that I'd used on both him and Matt. I smile
"That's a lie, you met me four days ago"
"Shh, I made the effort of remembering and recalling the exact words you said to me, cut me some slack"
"Ok ok I'm not tell you though" I say stubbornly, he grabs me round the waist and pulls on on top of him.
"Please skylar"
"Will you shut up if I do?" I tease
"Pinky promise"
I tell him the story of my past in England. He reacts in the same way as Matt did when I told him. He hold up my wrists and kisses each cut and scar very lightly.
"Please don't do this again, you're too beautiful to spoil yourself like this" Taylor's phone buzzes, he reads the text out loud.
"Hey dude where are you? We're in the lobby" it was from carter. I run to the wardrobe and realise all of my clothes are dirty.
"Tay, I have no clothes to wear!" He pulls off his jumper and hands me his shirt. He puts his jumper back on.
"Here, now you have this" I throw it on and run back to the wardrobe, I pull out the black leggings hanging up on Amy's side of the wardrobe and throw them on.

"You look great" he says standing up, walking to the door "come on then" we run to the elevator and step inside.

"Woah!" All of the boys say simultaneously.