Chapter 4

"Why don't we get this show on the road and hear it for the boys then" Bart Bordelon, creator of magcon, shouts through the mic over the voices of the thousands of screaming girls. "Here is your host for the day, Jack Gilinsky" yet again more screams pierce my eardrums.
"Hi guys, I'm Jack and I'd like to introduce my friends. First up we have Nash Grier" Nash comes out from behind stage in a light jog. He gives the girls at the front of the crows a little wave and a cheeky wink. One girl practically passes out and Nash giggles at her fangirling. He must be used to it now.
"Next up we have Shawn mendes" Shawn strides out from behind stage carrying a black acoustic guitar in his left hand. He uses his other free hand to wave to the screaming girls.
"Give it up for Mr Carter Reynolds!" Carter does a cheesy grin whilst waving and making him way over to the boys onstage. "The one and only Hayes Grier!" Hayes walks out smiling. "Cameron Dallas, ladies!" More screams. "The man, Aaron Carpenter" more screams.
"Taylor Caniff everybody" there are less screams for Taylor, so I feel like I have to cheer extra loudly for Taylor, not really paying attention to what is happening on stage Amy gives me a nudge. I look up to her and then to the stage. THE Taylor Caniff was smiling directly at me and chuckling to himself. I blush uncontrollably and look down to my feet. "Thank you to that girl, and last but not least my partner in crime, Jack Johnson!" Jack mimics the same entrance as Nash and joins the rest of the boys on stage.
"What about Matt?" I say disappointedly, turning to Amy.
"As you have all probably noticed by now, Matt Espinosa cannot be here today, he's feeling a bit under the weather but we hope he will be back tomorrow" gasps and quiet muttering come from the audience. "But we can still have some fun can't we!"

After 4 hours of singing, dancing, idiocy and a lot of laughing, day one of magcon is over. It was so fun, I can't wait until the meet and greet tomorrow. Amy and I spent $160 each to get VIP passes so I better make it worth it. 11:00.
"I'm going to sleep Sky, I need my beauty sleep if I'm going to look my best for my Shawn tomorrow. He has to fall in love with me or my life will be over!" Remember how I said Amy has a lot of confidence? She has a lot of self confidence that's what I should have said. She also the biggest drama queen I know, but you can probably tell.
"Night, I hope Matt feels better tomorrow. My life will be over if I don't meet him." I giggle. I can be quite the drama queen too.

------

I wake to the sound of the shower running. Must be Amy. My heart starts to race when I remember that I am meeting my idols today. While I wait for the shower, I pick out my outfit. My shorts, my Matt Espinosa shirt and my only pair of shoes I packed. I tie my hair into a top knot so that it won't get wet in the shower, it is still clean from yesterday.

---

After my shower I get changed into my chosen outfit and walk out into the main bit of the hotel room to see Amy sat staring intently at her phone whilst fiddling with her long dark brown hair.
"Hey Ames, do you think you could do that braid thingy you did yesterday for me again?" I say, doing the puppy dog eyes that Amy does so well."Amy? Amy?" She looks up sharply, tears rolling down her cheeks. "What's wrong?"
"What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm so ugly that he can't even look at me?" She says, her voice breaking. I couldn't help but laugh.
"Is that honestly what you're crying about? Don't be so stupid, you're beautiful. I know you are, you know you are and everybody else in the entire world knows you are!" I wipe away her tears as she giggles realising her stupidity.
"Come here then, let's do that waterfall braid you wanted" we've never really been the kind of people to express how much they admire each other. That's the honest truth, I do admire her. She's 2 years older than me, making her a great role model.

Once she has finished the braid, I apply my usual make up and we make our way down to the lobby.