Chapter 38

Don't forget me?

How could I forget her? She's not gone yet, she can fight this, we can fight this. She's strong enough, I know she is. She may not be physically strong enough but she's got it in her heart. If she loves us as much as she says she does, she'll fight it and she'll win.

I look round. Taylor, Shawn, Jack, Carter and Jack are all in tears. I don't blame them. How could I? The most amazing girl is through those doors fighting for her life. They probably feel the same way as I do. They can't do anything at all that will help her. I know Taylor feels that way, I can read him like a book. I take the note from Taylor and smile appreciatively at him to thank him for reading it. I couldn't.

"What is he talking about?" Matt. He's here.
"It's a note, from Amy." I say standing, facing him "she's not good Matt"
"I know" he whispers, pulling me into a hug. It doesn't feel the same as when Taylor hugs me. This feels like just any old hug but Taylor. Taylor's hugs are amazing; it's as if he loves me and wants to keep me safe from the world. He'll do anything to keep me safe. As much as I hate to admit it, Amy's right. Amy's always right.
"Matt"
"I know"
"I just don't think I can do this with you anymore"
"I know, I understand, Taylor is a great guy, he can keep you safe better than I can"
"What?"
"I know you love him, I've known it for ages."
"How? I've only just realised it myself?"
"It's in your eyes, the way you look at him."
"Matt, I still love you"
"Just as a friend right?" He says disappointedly
"Yeah" I nod shamefully
"It's okay, I'll always love you, you're just, the one that got away." There's a long pause "Maybe I should go"
"No Matt, I need you. Everything I said to you in that message is true. I need you more than I've ever needed anyone. Please stay with me?"

Hours later, a nurse appears again, telling us that Amy is stable but she will have to stay for at least a month. I can't leave her here on her own. Her parents are on their way and will be staying at a family friends house here in LA. I don't want to see them, not yet.

The boys drag me out to the car and we drive back to the hotel. I go to my room and start to pack my things, Amy's things. Shawn and Carter help me pack her things up. We were meant to be checking out this evening so we had to get out of the room.
"Where are you going to go?" Carter asks knowing that I don't have the answer
"You can stay with us Sky, you can sleep in my bed! I'll sleep in the floor, if that's what you want" Shawn almost sings
"Thanks Shawn but you don't have to sleep on the floor" he smiles as we pack up the rest of Amy's things and make our way to Shawn and Matt's room. I enter and flop onto the closest bed, closing my eyes, instantaneously falling into a deep sleep.

(A/N: hey guys, thank you so much for 1k votes! Please keep voting, I will only be updating at 30 votes per chapter from now on. Also thank you for all the positive comments, I really appreciate them! Love you all (: )