Chapter 8

I walk back to the room where Amy and I are staying whilst thinking of what just happened with Taylor. How am I meant to tell her? I open the door to find Amy lying on the bed looking at her phone.
"Hey Sky guess what?"
"What?"
"I just got 200 more followers on twitter" she says looking up from her phone "Matt tweeted a picture from earlier and tagged me and now everyone's following me!"
"Wow that's great Amy but I have something important to tell you" she looks at me as if I've just murdered someone.
"Taylor, t-t-tried to k-kiss me" I say stuttering
"Oh my god Sky! Tell me everything" she says excitedly. I fill her in with all the details of the last 10 minutes.
"Did you get to meet the rest of the boys?" I say changing the subject
"Yeah, they want to meet you again. They say they feel bad because they didn't pay us much attention earlier! Shall we go up there now?"
"I can't really be bothered to go up there" I say flopping onto the bed "aye, I can text Taylor, I gave him my number and- I never got his" realising my mistake. As those words leave my mouth, my phone buzzes. I open it to see a message from an unknown number. Hey it's Taylor, I forgot to give you my number, it reads. "Ah now I can text him, shall I do it?"
"Well duh!! I wonder if Taylor will try to kiss you again?" Amy says now jumping up and down. I reply, hey, Amy and I were wondering if you and the rest of the boys wanted to come chill in our room? Seconds later he replies, sure, we'd love to, 1709 right? We'll be there in a minute.
"They're on their way" I say " omg I look a mess, Amy do not open the door until I am changed. I quickly rummage through my suitcase and pull out my high waisted shorts I'd worn earlier that day and my white long sleeved crop top. I run to the bathroom and throw them on. I untie my hair and re-tie it into another messy bun just as there is a knock on the door. I sprint to open it but pause for a second so I don't sound desperate. I turn to Amy, and whisper "you ready?" She nods and I open the door.

"Hey guys" I say letting them in. They file through the door. Jack Gilinsky first, Jack Johnson next, then Aaron, Carter, Cameron, Nash, Hayes, Shawn, Matt and Taylor. I have to admit it to myself, Taylor does look good. They all take seats on the floor and the edge of the bed.
"Who's up for a game of truth or dare then?" Carter says mischievously. We all agree and take a seat in the circle. I sit between Shawn and Matt whilst Amy is sat on the other side of Shawn, next to Jack Johnson. "You first Amy, truth or dare?"
"Hmm, dare" she responds
"I dare you to kiss Matt on the lips for 7 seconds" Carter says. Amy looks at me and I nod slightly. She leans over to Matt and kisses him on the lips. After the 7 seconds are up, Matt looks to me and smiles.
"Ok Sky, truth or dare?"
"I'm going to play it safe and say truth"
"Ok, so you're british right? What made you move to America?" Amy looks over at me but I keep stating straight ahead. Do I tell them the truth or not?
"My dad got offered a job here so he decided take it and to move here" I say letting out a sigh of relief. I'll tell them when it's the right time, I tell myself.
"Oh right" he responds. I can tell he knows there's something more to the story. I can't tell him yet. After several more rounds of truths and dares it's my turn again.
"Dare" I say to Nash.
"Pick the person you are most attracted to in the room and take them out in the corridor. It's up to them what happens out there"
"Damn, you're good at these" I say, after careful consideration I decide to take Shawn into the corridor, Taylor and Matt both look disappointed but they try to hide it. They're not very good at it.

-In the corridor-
"So.." I say
"I might not have another chance to tell you this but I think you're very beautiful and funny and fun to be around Sky. I kind of hope that we have a chance to see each other after magcon" he says and he leans in to kiss me. Yet again I stop him midway.
"Shawn, I can't."
"Why not? Oh god you have a boyfriend don't you? I'm not surprised that you do"
"No, I don't have a boyfriend" I say quite flattered that he thinks I could get a boyfriend. "It's Amy, she really loves you, if she found out that I kissed you she'd hate me forever. Give her a chance?"
"All right, I'll give her a chance" he says walking towards the door. "But she'll never be as good as you Sky" winking, opening the door and walking inside.