Chapter 46

I get up and race to the car. I hear Matt calling my name from behind me. I turn to him, he obviously sees the tears forming in my eyes because he starts running up to me. He doesn't ask what's wrong, he just comes up to me, hugs me for a split second and then gets in the car in the drivers seat.
I run to get into the passenger seat and Matt pulls out of the car park. He doesn't have to ask where to go, he just knows, as if he can read my mind. I guess that's something that just happens when you meet the right person. Sometimes I think that Taylor can read my mind too. Is it possible to be in love with two people at once? because I think I am. Oh god, why cant I just decide? Come on Sky, sort your love life out. But what love life? Before you even came to magcon you had no love life! You had one friend who you tagged along with to all the parties and listened in on all the conversations that you weren't meant to be a part of and now that one friend is lying in a hospital bed, fighting for her life and you're sat here feeling sorry for yourself. Get a grip Sky. You've already been beaten and bruised enough so why are you doing it to yourself now?
We sit in silence the whole journey until we pull up in the car park. I see each of the boys designated cars for the weekend all parked in a row, why didn't they come in the same car? We speed walk inside to the front desk, the receptionist from earlier on smiles pitifully and we jog to the same, horrible little hospital room to find it empty.
"Sky? Matt?" I hear Taylor call from behind
"Taylor? Where's Amy?" "Where have you been?" He says ignoring my question "I called you so many times?" "Where is Amy?" I raise my voice, growing impatient.
"Why didn't you pick up Sky? or you Matt?" tears forming in his eyes.
"Taylor. What is going on? Where the hell is Amy?"
"She's gone"
"Gone?" I struggle to say as Jack Gilinsky walks over
"No, No, No Sky, she's not gone. She's not dead. She had to be rushed to surgery."
"Why?"
"The doctors didn't say much because we didn't have any proof that we actually knew her, they said they had never seen us before."
"Well what did they say?"
"Nothing, they wouldn't tell us anything. They said they have only been given permission to give information to Amy's parents or you" "I'll be back" I say as I run to find the nearest nurse I run around the corner and bump into the nurse who had given us the notes from Amy. "Hi, do you have any information about Amy?" "Amy Jackson right?" I nod "Her body went into an epileptic shock, her body was on the brink of shutting down and her heart rate was very low. She went straight into surgery, the doctors are doing all they can to save her."
"Is she going to be alright?" She pauses for a very long time before answering. The look on my face turns to desperation as she finally replies "The doctors are doing all they can to save her" she repeats. Why do they never give a straight answer?
"Will she make it through the night?"
"We are unsure, could you get in contact with her parents? We don't seem to have a contact number for them" I nod and make my way back to the boys. I pull out my phone on the way and dial Amy's mum's number.
This is the first time I've spoken to her since Amy and I left for magcon. She answers instantly and I tell her that she and Mr Jackson have to get here right now. She doesn't ask why before she hangs up.
I make my way to the puffy-eyed boys I've grown so close to over the past few days. I sit down beside Jack Johnson and lean my head on his shoulder, he brings his arm up behind me and pulls me into a cuddle whilst I lean my head closer to his chest, closing my eyes and drifting off into a sleep.