Chapter 61

Love is a strange thing. Sitting in front of Amy, her being so helpless made me realise it. I'm holding her hand, not knowing if she can feel me or if she knows I'm here, but I realise that I love her. I've always loved her, don't get me wrong, she is my best friend after all but I realise now that there are so many different types of love.

I love Amy as a sister as well as a best friend.
I love Jack and Jack and Carter and Shawn and Hayes and Cam as great friends.
I love Nash like my older brother.
I love Jaimee as my little sister.
I love my mum and dad because they're my parents.
I love Matt with all my heart.
And I also love Taylor, because like it or not he's my best friend and I do love him even though he screamed at me.

I never thought I'd be in this situation. I thought we'd go to magcon, meet the boys and leave. But no. Yes we went to magcon and met the boys. But we've also been beaten and bruised, fallen in love, become great friends with all the boys, I've kissed 3 of them and Amy's slept with 3 of them. Never in a million years did either of us think that.

I sit in the white washed hospital room, grasping onto Amy's hand, getting used to the bleeps of machines that are keeping my friend alive and I know I should be wishing for her to get better but all I can think of is Taylor. He could have died today on the quad bike, he could have died thinking that I hate him, him hating me. I can't leave things like this, I have to talk to him.

I text Matt for his room number, I know he's in this hospital, I saw Carter's car in the parking lot. Seconds later Matt replies. Room 263. I kiss Amy on the head and make my way to his room. I brace myself for what I'm about to see, he's not going to look good, he's got a broken arm and probably cuts and bruises.

I knock on the door as Carter opens it, revealing a very packed hospital room. Taylor looks up to the door, he doesn't look as bad as I'd thought, he's hooked up to machines and drips but he's still in one piece, well everything but his arm that is.
"Hi tay" I say quietly
"I thought I said I didn't want her here" he shoots a glare to Carter
"Please tay, can we just talk?" He seems reluctant but he soon nods, gesturing for the boys to leave. They quickly file out of the room, I take a seat next to Taylor.

"Hey" I say, unsure what to say, I didn't really think this through. I wait for a reply but don't get one "So I hear you've had a bit of an accident"
"No shit"
"Had to clear your head huh?"
"Something like that"
"Taylor, please can we just have a normal conversation?"
"That's going to be hard seeing as I'm drugged up on pain meds" he laughs
"See there's the Taylor I know and love"
"Love?" He looks hopeful
"Sorry, wrong choice of words" I say guiltily
"It's okay, so has he made you his girlfriend again?"
"Well, not officially"
"Ahh I see"
"Tay I really am sorry, I hurt you and that wasn't cool"
"Not cool at all"
"I can't loose you over something so stupid, we've been talking for ages even before we met at magcon over dms on twitter and we've got really close, I consider you as my best friend." I think about Amy now "ha, it's funny really, everyone I call my best friend ends up in a hospital bed" I can't help but laugh at my stupidness "and it's always my fault" I don't realise as my laughter turns into tears
"Hey hey, don't cry"
"I'm sorry Tay, I'm sorry about everything, pleasee be my friend"
"I'll be your friend on one condition"
"What?"
"Wipe away those tears, right now!" I laugh and wipe away the tears that are slowly drying on my cheeks.

"I should get back to Amy, I'll see you later? After surgery?" He nods as I lean over to hug him, he kisses my cheek as I straighten up again. I walk out to find the boys waiting by the doors eagerly.

"Are you guys friends again?" Matt asks
"Yeah" I beam
"Good, I hated seeing you sad" he uses his index finger to lift my head towards his, he plants a soft kiss on my lips and then goes through the door to Taylor's bedside again.

I smile to myself as I walk back to Amy's room.

(A/N: I promised you a double update so here it is! Get BOTH chapters to 85+ votes for an update x)