♚08

S E L E N A

"Well, you need to eat fast because I have to put lipstick on your lips." Nicole said and I nodded.

I was in my bedroom eating obviously. I woke up late so I didn't get a chance to join the King and the jerk, yeah I decided to call him that, for breakfast. I was wearing a blue vintage styles dress. It's very simple and I can easily move around in it. I was wearing white heels too. My hair was in a bun but some strands of hair were left out of it. Lastly, my makeup is light as usual.

"I'm really sorry I woke up late, Nicole

"I'm really sorry I woke up late, Nicole." I said and she smiled.

"It's okay, Sel. At least you weren't late for everything." She said as she glided a lipstick on my lips. I smiled.

"This is stressing." I told her and she nodded.

"I know. By the way it's such an honour to be your maid. You are really kind, Sel." She said and I smiled before hugging her. A knock made us pull away.

"We need to go." The jerk said. I nodded and gave Nicole one last smile before following him.

"Remember, we need to act like we like each other and prove my dad that i'm indeed giving this a shot." He said and I nodded.

"This is really stressing." I said and he raised his brows at me.

"Well, get used to it." He said and I looked at him. This man has no heart. He suddenly held my hand and I was shocked but when I saw his dad or the King in front, I rolled my eyes.

"Ready, Miss Selena ?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. So, we roamed around the village for good 3 hours. I wanted to stop and hug my family who were watching from afar but I didn't want to waste any time. It was tiring but worth it because I saw people smile after seeing us.

After the parade, I ate some croissants and went to have an interview.

"Hello !" I greeted cheerfully and they all smiled.

"How are you, Miss Selena ?" A girl asked.

"To be honest, i'm tired." I said and they all chuckled.

"Are you happy that you're the chosen one ?" A man asked.

"I am. I mean, this is every girl's dream and living it is overwhelming and feels so surreal." I said and he nodded.

"What are your plans when you became the next heiress ?" A woman asked.

"Uhhhmmm...That's a good question. Honestly, I haven't thought about it properly but one thing that I do have in mind is to help those whose are struggling for a living. I want to be their voice and their inspiration. I want to be the one to save them from the insults of those who are higher than them." I said and they all clapped. I just smiled.