♚01

S E L E N A

Living in this village is somehow great. The people are friendly. Each and every one knows each other. It's a small village yet it's still powerful. I have lived happily in this village with my parents for my whole 18 years of existence. I have two siblings, an older brother, Louis and an older sister, Gigi.

Louis is 5 years older than me while Gigi is only 1 year older. All of us get along with each other well. Our parents raised us in the village "Andros" or should I say the "Kingdom of Andros".

Andros is reigned since many generations by the powerful Styles family. They somehow owned the land and turned it into their own kingdom. They are one of the most feared family in today's time but there is one kingdom that always threatens them. The "Kingdom of Didyma" which is reigned by another powerful family known as the Hemmings.

Both kingdoms had a war in the past and you will not believe what caused it. A girl. A freaking girl. Totally cliche, isn't it ? Anyhow, let me tell you the story.

After every 18 years, our Kingdom Andros held an activity in which all the girls needed to participate. They were tested if they were qualified enough to be the next heiress. The contest -that's what I call it even though it's not- will gather girls who turned 18 to participate in the said activity. The King will pick out names randomly from a big box that has all the participants name, for his son. I don't know what will happen next because I zoned out when the teacher told us the story. Anyways, King Mason was the leader back then, he took out a name and I don't know what happened after the first name got called out because I started imagining unicorns when the story was being told.

I came back to my senses when Queen Kathryn was chosen to be the next heiress next to King Damon who was King Mason's son. The said Queen had an affair before the activity and it was with King Dylan who was the leader of the Kingdom Didyma. They had a short lived love story but all of it came to an end because of the activity.

Since, Queen Kathryn was beautiful, King Damon immediately fell in love with her and so did she with him. King Dylan made an appearance in their lives and started a war. Like couldn't he chill the fuck out. I'm on King Damon's side on this one because he was hot but he's dead now and him and Queen Kathryn were happily together and the stupid King Dylan came and became the crazy ex boyfriend.

I really don't pay attention to that story because I find it annoying and so cliche because I heard it in so many different ways.

"Oh my gosh ! Selena!" My friend, Cara came squealing. I frowned. She is a skinny girl with beautiful blonde hair and a pretty face literally like a model. All in all she is total perfection.

"Can you lower your voice down Cara?" Gigi said making an appearance in my bedroom.

"Sorry. They announced it." She said excitedly. I frowned and looked at her.

"They announced what ?" I asked her. She looked at me weirdly.

"Are you really serious ? After 18 years of my existence, the activity will be on." She said and again, what is she on about ?

"What activity ?" I asked. Is this about the project we had ? But she said after 18 years of her existence.

"Did you bang your head on the wall and lose your memory ? The activity to have a new heiress." She said. Oh now I remember that stupid activity.

"Yeah, I remember." I said in a bored tone. She frowned.

"Aren't you excited ?" She asked again. I don't like that freaking activity. It feels like they are testing out women before choosing the right one.