♚02

S E L E N A

I got down the stairs and saw my parents and siblings with Cara happily eating breakfast. When I came, my mom immediately came to me and hugged me.

"Morning to you too, Mom." I said with a smile on my face. This scene happened everyday. She chuckled and got back to eating. I went to my dad and kissed his cheeks.

"Well, if it isn't my future heiress." Dad teased and I scrunched my nose up.

"Please, dad. Can we not talk about it ?" I said and grabbed some banana from the counter before sitting beside Cara.

"You should consider it, Sel. It's a one time opportunity." Louis said before shoving some pancakes in his mouth.

"Why is this activity a big deal to you all ? I don't get it and I'll do everything so I can't go in that stupid activity." I snapped and grabbed my bag on the way before going out.

"Sel ! Wait !" Cara called and I slowed down my pace. I sighed and noticed her presence on my side.

"You know that I didn't like the way you acted in front of your parents, Sel. You should really consider this activity." She said. I looked at her.

"Can we stop talking about the goddamn activity ?" I asked her calmly and she nodded.

Why am I this stubborn ? Why I don't want to go in the activity ? I'm scared that I will become like my mom. That's the main reason not the books i've read. She participated in the activity and got picked but turns out that the prince tortured her, used her for sex and did nasty things to her. Dad was the only one who made a move to get her once she was tested out. All of the rich guys didn't want her because she was used already. My dad suffered at first. The incident hit my mom hardly so that's why she stopped speaking & became mute. My dad is the only one who has heard her talk. Me, Gigi and Louis communicate with her by hand gestures or by us speaking. That's why I'm afraid. I mean, no one knows how the prince looks like, even his name isn't revealed so it's terrifying for girls or may be i'm the only one who's terrified about the activity.

We reach the school and go straight to our lockers. I grab my first period stuff and close my locker. I lean on my now closed locker while waiting for Cara.

"Hey there, Selena." I look at him and roll my eyes. Can he leave me alone ? I started walking away from him. He grabbed my arms and turned me towards him.

"Come on, love. I've been running after you for 2 years already." He said.

"Then keep running because you won't get me." I said and pulled out of his grasp.