♚03

S E L E N A

"No, Cara. I will not wear that." I told her while eyeing the revealing short lace dress.

"Come on, Sel. It's not that revealing." She insists and I groaned in response.

As you can see, we were dress shopping for the goddamn activity. I decided I will join because of my family's financial problems. Cara was surprised when I told her that I'm joining. She doesn't need to know the reason because it's a family matter. Of course, she freaking screamed in the cafeteria when I told her about it.

"How about this one ?" She said and showed me a more revealing red dress that looked like that the tailor had a shortage of money to buy more cloth to make it. I scrunched my nose up on it's appearance.

"You know, it's hard to pick clothes for you but i'm not going to give up." She said and returned the dress to it's rack. I looked around and was startled when someone draped his arm around me.

"What the actual fuck Blake ?" I said and removed his arm.

"What ?" He said amusedly. I shook my head and walked away from him.

"So you're joining the activity. Just to let you know that I'm here if you don't get picked." He said and winked.

"I'm getting picked, I swear." I said and he gave me a judging look.

"Yeah, right. As if." He said and kissed my cheek before whispering. "I got you, baby. Don't worry." I immediately scrunched my nose up.

I know that I have a low chance to get picked because of my appearance but it's a random selection so I have a chance still. Oh, geez ! I hope I have a lot of luck on my side. Okay, I'm desperate. I just need this to help my family. My parents don't know about the whole me joining the activity yet. They know that I despise the activity so much. So they'll surely be shocked when I tell them later.

"There you are ! I was looking everywhere for you and I found the one." She said and hold out a white tube dress that has flowers embroidered on it and ended up above knees for sure.

" She said and hold out a white tube dress that has flowers embroidered on it and ended up above knees for sure

"I know you like it. Go and try it out." She said and I nodded before she dragged me to the dressing room. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I sighed. For once I looked beautiful.

"Come on, Sel. Let me see." She called and I got out.

"How do I look ?" I asked and she gave me a big smile.

"You look gorgeous." She said and I went back to the dressing room to change in my clothes and afterwards keep the white cocktail dress in my arms.