rin

Another story that takes place late at night hehe

Rin slowly peeled the blankets off his sweaty body.

He glared at you sleeping next to him, and was jealous about how you could keep cool in this kind of weather.

The air conditioner had broken down, and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, and right now, the heat was suffocating.

He was sweaty, he was hot, his nose was clogged, his throat hurt and every muscle in his body ached. He had competitions in the following week and was going to go jogging with Sousuke tomorrow.

He was tired. He had already tried opening the window but there was no wind.

And worst of all, he was hungry. lol same

He rubbed his eyes, and walked to the door.

" Daddy?"

He turned around, startled.

" (Child's name)?" He said softly, walking to the small futon and picking him/her up.

" I'm hungry." He/she whined.

" Saaaame." Rin said, glancing at you once more to make sure you were asleep. " How about let's go have a snack?"

" Yay!" the kid squealed.

" Be quiet!" Rin said, his head turning to look timidly at you, then snapping back to look at the kid. " We can't let anyone know! Shhh!!"

" Shhh!" (child's name) copied his/her father, then bursted into a fit of giggles.

You stirred in your sleep, so Rin wasted no time and grabbed the baby and ran.

He arrived safely at the kitchen, and seated (child's name) on the counter.

" What do you want to eat?"

" Ice cream!"

" No."

" Cookie!"

" No."

" Ice cream!"

" I said no!" Rin said in a hushed voice. " Something else!"

Then he rememberd that he was talking to a five year old.

" Okay, I'll make you a sandwich."

" No crust!"

" I know!" Rin said, glancing around and wating for silence to fall before quietly reaching up to get bread.

He carefully chopped off the crusts with a child-safe knife because he didn't trust himself at two in the morning with an actual knife.

After he finished cutting the crusts off, he lay the two pieces of bread side by side and took a pack of pre made ham out of the fridge.

" Do you want cheese?"

" Ice cream!" (Child's name) grabbed the freezer door and pulled it open, almost hitting Rin in the face.

" No!" Rin said, closing the door as quietly as he could before holding the box of spead cheese in front of the kid. " Do you want cheese?"

He/she nodded.

" Alright." Rin said, peeling open one pack and plopping the cheese onto one side of the bread.

" There's no cheese here." The child pointed to one of the corners of the bread.

Rin used the knife to spread the cheese to that corner.