Haru

[Haru Nanase drabble]

"Hey, Haru..."

"..."

"Do you love me?"

Silence emerged from the room, as the [h/c] girl waited for an answer, she continued grilling up the mackerel just as he likes. She looked over her shoulder only to see him emotionless, staring intently at the glass of water in front of him as his head rested on his folded arms onto the table. The girl sighed, turning off the stove before putting the mackerel onto the plate that could shatter anytime if used improperly. As she served rice onto the plate, she placed it onto the front of Haru, who seemed to shoot up in excitement as he saw the plate. "Eat up." She muttered, before placing the extra mackerel that she cooked, supposedly for her, inside the fridge, wrapped in tin foil, inside a styro-foam lunch box. "You're not going to eat?" Haru asked, looking at [Name] she walked over to the direction of the door.

Grabbing the coat, she shook her head. "I'm going to the coffee shop. Do you need anything for me to grab while I'm out?" Putting on the sleeves of the coat inside her arms, she glanced over to see the boy happily eating the mackerel, making her sigh, obviously upset towards her lover's actions towards her.

While grabbing the cup of decaf from the glad barista, she thought of Haru switching personalities with Nagisa. That'd be weird.  She took a seat near the window before sighing for the umpteenth time. She knew she was being selfish for having her ask her boyfriend if he loves her. Of course he loves her, he just doesn't show it well. And today, having her parents out, she decided to stay over at his place so she wouldn't feel alone. She knew she isn't going to expect some cuddling from him, after all, they are just dating for 3 months, who would get touchy feeely from those months? Especially not Haru. She just wants to hear those 3 words come from his lips, the one that she won't be able to doubt anymore, the one that she won't be able to say it first.

She stared at the window and finished her last bit of her drink before realizing it was getting late. She brushed her hair backwards and stood up, walking home from the coffee shop alone with her thoughts.

As she arrived her boyfriend's home, she took off her shoes and placed it on the side, walking towards the kitchen to see if Haru washed his plate. Flicking on the lights, she saw a plastic mixing bowl upside down with a note atop. Curiously, she walked over and plucked the note out of the bowl.

Please eat light dinner before going to bed so you'll stay healthy. -Haru

[Name] has the habit of not eating before going to bed, unless if it's junk foods. As her heart began to beat fast with her cheeks heating up, she removed the bowl to reveal packs of crackers and a small glass of warm milk (or a glass of juice/water if you're lactose intolerant hehe~).

She didn't noticed her smile and picked up the crackers, eating them after removing the plastic. She didn't needed words after all, she just needed his love.

After tidying up, she walked over Haru's bedroom to get some sleep. Carefully putting herself under the blanket, she sighed in relief and a ghost smile casted on her lips, slowly drifting off to sleep. That is, until she felt the certain boy's arm wrap around her with the three words coming out of his mouth.

"I love you."

I WAS SO TEMPTED TO PUT "I love mackerel." HAHAHAHAHAHA MAN SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE AND IT'S 11PM AND TOMORROW'S MONDAY WHOOPS. HAHA HOPE YOU LOVED THIS ONE! -Kai x