haru

" Daddy!"

" Yeah?" Haru looked up from the book he was reading.

" Let's go to the beach!"

" No, you will not be going to the beach in this kind of weather!" You said sternly, not knowing anymore if your speech was directed towards your husband or your child.

" Why not?" Haru asked, putting down his book.

His eyes gazed lovingly at the water drops that were rolling down the window.

" It's raining cats and dogs outside, Haru. We'll go to the beach when it's nice and sunny, alright?"

Haru didn't reply; the stupid, humid, wet, rainy spring was starting to get on his nerves.

Yes, rain was water and all, but it was no fun when he couldn't touch it, let alone float in it.

" Look! There's a bird outside!" ( Child's name) pressed him/herself against the window, his/her breath fogging up the glass.

" Looook!!!" He/she grabbed Haruka's shoulder and shook it.

" Yes, (child's name), I can see it, it's right in front of me."

" It's cold, so we have to let it inside!"

" No." You said sternly again, and your child pouted.

The humid rainly weather really was getting on everyone's nerves.

" Hey, look." Your child said quietly. He/she pointed at the window.

Haruka looked out the window blankly. " I don't see anything."

" Not outside!" (child's name) laughed. " There!"

He/she pointed at the water drops. " They're racing each other!"

Haru raised his eyebrows. " Oh yeah."

" See?" Your child raised his/her voice, grinning widely as he/she looked at you. " Look! LOOOOK!"

" I can see it." You said, smiling. You were in the middle of picking up the toys off the floor.

" No! You have to come cloooserr!" Your child grabbed your hand and pulled you to the window.

" See? SEEE??"

" Yeah," You said, flinching away as the kid yelled into your ear.

" It's like daddy and uncle Rin!"

" Obviously I'm the faster one." Haru said, and you laughed. " Yeah, obviously."

" You're the fastest!" Your child said tugging on Haru's shirt. " Right??"

" Yeah." Haru said. He would never admit it, but no matter how many people complemented him, because of his talent in swimming or good looks, nothing made him prouder than when he was being complemented by his own child.

It gave him the feeling that he was someone being looked up and not just some dude in a bathtub who wore swimming trunks under his uniform.

" Daddy, this one's not moving!"

" That one's uncle Rin." Haru said quickly.

" But it's really not moving at all!"

" Yeah, I'm sure that's uncle Rin. Obviously." He said.

" But LOOK!"

You raised your eyebrows as your husband and daughter/son continued to observe the white spot on the window for another ten minutes.

" Haru, you realize what you're staring at, right?"

Haru looked at you.

You burst out laughing and ended up wheezing on the ground with your daughter/son and husband looking down at you.

" Haru, you idiot, it's bird poo!"

Haru would rather be known as the dude who wore swimming trunks to under his uniform than the dude who stared at bird poop for fifteen minutes thinking that it was a raindrop any day.

a week later

" Hi, uncle Rin!" Your child skipped to the red haired swimmer who was unpacking beach equipment out of the car.

" Hello, (child's name)." Rin replied, kneeling down to his/her height and flashing a smile.

" Daddy said you were the slowest rain drop who wasn't moving!" You child rambled on and you and Haru both froze.

" And turns out you were actually bird poop!" Your child giggled, kicking the sand around.

" Whoops." You said, smiling sheepishly.

" And your daddy was the one who jumped into the fish tank after stripping in a pet store!" Rin said cheerfully, still grinning. " And don't even get me started on (yn)'s nosebleed afterwards!"

Your child stared up at him, puzzled.

" Never mind that!" You said, yanking Rin by the arm and pulling him, attempting to shove him away.

" Daddy showed me the picture of you and him in the bath together when you were small!"

It was Rin's turn to freeze. " WhaAT." (voice crack included)

" AHHA TAKE THAT, RIN!" You raised a palm to give (child's name) a high five before scooping him/her up to run towards the shimmering ocean.

I hoped you guys liked this!! hehehe haru is so cute ahrskjhflskfjh

Rin is next www

Arigatou gozaimasu!

~grayscale-chan<3