2 A.M (Rei x Reader)

Cute blurbs about Rei  >  Everything else. ♥

Beautiful.
Their pale skin, the way their hair cascaded down their back, everything about them just spelled out perfection. Even the way they said his name had his heart beating into another dimension.
Without even noticing Rei found himself staring directly at them in the middle of maths class. Not a word of his teacher drifted through his ear, the only thing he focused on was the beauty that was only a couple seats away.

But they...were completely out of his reach.

They were perfect, stunning, something that even the gods would look down upon and smile at.
And he, well, he was just average. 

Thoughts such as these blinded Rei day after day. His studies went down dramatically, his swimming skills decreased, he even found himself not wanting to hang out with his friends as much anymore. Over the simplest of things. A crush on a person. If they had never spoke to him, gave him their number, asked them to come to that stupid party. Ugh. He wouldn't be so damn head over heals. Rei's hands went up to his head, pushing up his glasses her pushing his hair out of his face.

It would be different if he didn't go to that damn party.

-4 days earlier-

"Hey Rei!" The footsteps of a certain person came quickly behind his back. As he turned he noticed the one person who had been clouding his mind for weeks now. A blush came to his face with not even a single word out of them. The smile on there face was enough to get his heart pounding. "Hey, Y/N. How are you?" They giggled, and simply handed him a piece of paper. "I'm well. But I would be even better if you came to my party tonight. My parents are out of town, and.. well.. it's just going to be great. I would really like it if you came." Their smile spread onto his own, and he found himself overjoyed at he invitation. Right there on the spot he found himself accepting their offer. The jumped up in excitement, letting out a soft 'yes' before scurring back down the hall. Probably to go invite more people. His heart fluttered.

He had really just been invited to a party by them. He silently high fived himself.

But as the time of the party grew near, he found himself dumbfounded over what to wear. He sweatdropped as he looked at his options. Why was he worried about it anyway? It wasn't like it would matter in the long run. Odds are it was just a friendly invitation, nothing important. He probably wouldn't see them once. He sighed, and picked out an outfit that would suit him, and then made his way to the party.

He was wrong about everything. They stayed by his side the whole night. Dancing with him, getting him drinks, doing all sorts of things for him. And at the end of the night, he found himself following them to their bedroom. And in that short amount of time, he lost every single ounce of innocence that still graced his perfect body.

Now four days later, everything had changed. Their eyes never made contact with him once. The words that once fell out of their mouth in his direction halted. It was as though Rei didn't exist in their perfect little world.

2 A.M rolled around fast that night, and he found himself staring at a blank test directed towards them. He wanted it to be how it was. He wanted everything to go back to normal. Even if that meant just a single hello a day it would make him at least a little bit happier. As time ticked on, he finally got the courage to start typing the text.

"Hey, y/n? I know it's late, and I'm probably the last person you want to be hearing from, but.
I'm sorry.
That probably means nothing without context. I just feel bad for everything. I don't know what happened between us, but I think it has something to do with that party. I lost control. I'm sorry.
But I wanted you to know that, I love you. I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you this year, and it's a shame that now I have to deal with this pain of you hating me.
You're so beautiful, and I find myself captured in the way you look. Your smile is one of the only things that keeps me going some days, and I am so happy to have met you and have had you in my life for that short amount of time.
I understand if you hate me, or you're disgusted about what we did, but I love you.
And that is something that is never going to change."

Rei placed his phone down on the bedside table, a million worries running through his head all at once. But he wouldn't have to worry about it.
At least not until tomorrow morning.

The only thing that he had to think about right now, is the person he had hopelessly fallen in love with. And the fact that they were way out of his league, even from the beginning.

THIS SUCKS SO MUCH BUT I HAD TO UPDATE.