Moment of Truth (Rin x Reader)

He was glad that they got together after a long time, that all of his friends are a having fun and getting together as a whole. No silly arguments, well maybe a bit for Sousuke and Haru, but that's beside the point. He was still wondering why everything about this felt empty and glum. Like something is still missing around them. Although he couldn't point out what, or who.

"Rin-chan?" A voice snapped out of his thoughts, Rin looked at the boy who called his name, Nagisa peered closer to his face. "Yeah?" "Are you alright? You've been zoning out the whole time." Nagisa asked with a worried look, Rin shook his head as he looked away. "Something just feels missing, but it's nothing. I don't really mind what it is." Rin replied, and as soon as he looked at the front, all eyes were on him as if they are expecting the same answer.

"Missing?" Makoto muttered, letting down his bag to the chair. "Ah. Don't mind that. Anyway, do you guys want anything to drink?" Rin asked, no one answered. Rin averted his eyes to Sousuke who just raised a brow at him before continuing what he was doing. "Alright. Suit yourselves."

As he was walking towards the vending machine, he was still pondering what was missing. Maybe his sister could help, but maybe she's having fun with her friend. Maybe hanging out at the park didn't seem nice at all. He was only getting this fuzzy feeling in his gut that makes him wanna punch it.

He neared the vending machine and took a moment to think on what to buy. He fished out the wallet from his pocket, opening it before stopping from his tracks.

This is odd. I haven't seen this before.

The photo was him and it was folded by the back in half, he took out the photo from his wallet and unfolded it. His eyes widening at the heavy nostalgia hitting him. That was missing.

[Name] wasn't a big fan of taking selfies but oh boy, Nagisa loved to take pictures of his friends. When Nagisa brought his camera before Rin left, [Name] was hiding all the time to avoid the shots. But Nagisa is a sneaky little bastard, taking a good photo of Rin and her talking to each other, smiles were seen from both of their faces. And [Name] didn't knew the photo was taken.

Rin still has [Name]'s phone number saved in his phone, but he doesn't knew it still existed until now. And now instead of buying a cool soda, he just wanted to call [Name]. But what will he explain to her for not calling her after all these years? That he had problems? That's kinda pathetic to say to the girl he's infatuated with.

After staring it for god knows how long, Rin took out the change and bought the soda. He decided he could call her later when he knew what to say. He isn't going to tell he had problems and that's why he didn't called her. He'll muster up his courage and call her after they hang out.

As Rin took a sip to his soda, nearing to the place where they all are waiting, he heard something odd. "Gou! Slow down! I don't want to meet your hot friend!" "You'll love him, I promise! And it's Kou!" "W-what!? This is just the boys! And two random ass dudes I don't know!" "W-What! For your information, I am Ryugazaki Rei! Enthusiast of all beautiful-" "Shut up, Rei." "E-Eh!?"

Rin took off the can from his mouth to take a full look of what's happening. Nagisa was hugging someone, while they were all giggling, except for Haru and Sousuke who seemed unamused. "N-Nagisa! Get off!" Rin walked closer until the group took notice of his presence.

"Ah. Rin! You're back!" Makoto said, Rin only nodded in response, his eyes glued to Nagisa almost strangling a girl. Nagisa got off the girl and he knew it was her. "I have found [Name]-chan in the store buying a candy!" Gou exclaimed, placing both of her hands by her shoulders.

"H-Hi guys. I haven't seen you guys for a long time." And as if lightning struck Rin, he was paralyzed. All words from his mouth went missing, it was like all the language in the world didn't mean anything. The can of soda slipped from his fingers making the [h/c] girl look at him. Both their hearts started beating rapidly. And that's when the moment of truth wanted to come interfere his life.

-Kai x