Enki x Reader: Romantic Scramble

-----Past-----
You sat with your best friend, Enki Gokuu.

"How's SaMonkey doing?" You asked.

"Fine." He replies. You smile. Your smile faulted as someone walks over to your usual lunch table. You weren't disappointed to see him. You we're just curious on what he would want.

"Hey (Y/n)." He replies.

"Hi Rin." You smile kindly.

"So I've noticed we have P.E together." He says.

"We do? Wait aren't you in Enki's class?" You asked.

"Yeah." He throws a small glare at Enki before smiling at you.

"So that means we have P.E together Enki." You smile up at your tall friend. He nods in reply. You saw the happiness flash through his eyes before fading away into his deep, cold eyes.

"I'll see you then." Rin waved his hand and walks away. A few girls around smile dreamily at him.

"Kinda weird how the most popular boy in school came and talked to me." You spoke. You then shakes your head-almost as if getting rid of the thought-and smile up at your best friend.

"It isn't that surprising. Rumour is that he has a crush on you." Enki replies.

You nearly drop your eating utensil at that.

"Rin could possibly like me? Why?" You asked dumbfounded.

"How exactly should I know." He sighs.

"Fair enough." You say.

----Time Skip----

"You really rejected him?" Your closest female friend asked. You don't have many friends. Just Enki and this girl, Asa.

"Yeah. I'm not ready for romance. I'm not even looking for it." You speak. The wind blows gently and smoothly. It's a nice flow. You watch from the school roof as students left school and out of school. Some were hanging around in the court yard but you didn't mind any of them.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see your best friend walking through the hallways. He was on the second floor of the school.

"Besides," You smile, "I don't want to be tied down in a relationship. I want to be free."

'It's because of him, that your free.' Asa smiles.

----Present----

You wake up in a jolt.
"I don't even think these dreams are dreams anymore. They seem more like flashbacks." You pant. You then turn towards your favourite pillow. The pillow is warm, soft, and something only you can see and have. It began to stir. You smile.

"Morning Enki. My beloved husband."