Kiji x Reader: Train Ride

( why not? XD I love this guy. He's cool. )

•Reader POV•

"Hey Kiji." You smiled up at the taller man.

"Hello darling. Say, why don't you ditch Hajime's building and come work with me instead at building 3?" He asks once again.

You mentally sighed. 'Again with this?'

"Like what I said before. No. " You walk past the tall, make up wearing man.

"Now I gotta head back to building 13." You say as you begin to leave the waiting room to the Wardens office.

"So soon?" He asks.

"Yup. I'm making my rounds with Seitarou while Hajime is getting here for his meeting with the Warden. Something about this weeks report on the building I think." You packed up your laptop-which you brought with you to keep yourself occupied in the waiting room-and exited the double doors, heading to the train station.

"If I don't hurry I'll miss my ride." You mutter under your breath.

You sped up and made it to your train as it got ready to depart.

•Kiji POV•

'Again with the rejection!' I thought angrily yet heartbroken.

"Oh (Y/n)...if only you knew how I feel." I sigh sadly.

"Tell her then." I yelp startled at the sudden voice. Turning around I see Kenshirou and a few other guards. Doesn't look like the Monkey is here though. That's good. If he heard me say that then I would never hear the end of his teasing.

"Your one to talk!" I yell at him, reminding him about the Warden.

"You have no right to say that. Besides you make it pretty obvious about your feelings towards (Y/n)." The dog says as he looks away stubbornly with a blush.

'Like you don't with the Warden.' I thought sarcastically.

"I'm leaving. The rest of you best forget you heard anything. If (Y/n) hears about my feelings then she will be avoiding me." I say sternly at Kenshirou and the other guards in the room. They all nod, then I take my leave.

'I'd rather keep my feelings for her to myself then have her know. If she were to find out then she would avoid me.' I thought sadly as I made my way to the train station and got on the next train.

Noticing a familiar head of (h/c) with (f/c) tips, I make my way over to her.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask take a seat beside her.

"Huh? Oh uh nothing." She looks down at her hands, which lay on her legs. Her hands tighten.

"Spill. Tell me what's wrong." I look at her. I can see she stiffens up before sighing. Good. She knows me well enough not to put up a fight.

"...I like someone." My heart breaks in two. Did I-did I hear that right?

"I'm sorry. What was that?" I ask, even though I knew the answer.

"...I said I like someone." She repeats, a pink hue speaking across her face.

"...I see. Who?" I ask. I don't know why I'm asking when it just breaks my heart.

"Someone. He...works with me." Before I could ask her another question she continues, "But he doesn't like me back." I can see her hands tighten as tears threaten to spill.

"Oh darling, I'm so sorry." I say gently. She looks like she's about to break down at any second. I'll admit, I want to cry too. The one person who stole my heart likes another. And on top of that her hearts broken. I mean, I am happy about that. It means I could possibly have a chance, but seeing her heart broken makes me heart broken.

"Kiji?" She ask.

"Hm?" I hum as a response.

".....do you love me?" I'm taken back. I look at her surprised.

"Uh...(Y/n)...where did you get that idea?" I ask. 'Yes I love you.' I wanted to say that so bad.

"Sorry." She looks up at me with a sad smile. Her eyes are closed as she smiles, but I know the pain is there.

Before I could speak the speaker comes on.

If your destination is apartment buildings, please get off here.

(Y/n) stands up. It was then where I finally noticed how short she was compared to me. She's smaller than monkey and he's the shortest prison guard in the entire building.

"I got let off work early. Later Kiji." She smiles one last time before getting off.

The train leaves. Building 5 and building 3 should be up soon. The next stop is mine.

•Reader POV•

I enter the large building and take the elevator to the floor my apartment is on. Walking to my apartments door, I unlock it and open the door. Before I could step in however, I take a look down the hall. 8 doors down from mine is Kiji's.

I sigh and get into my apartment. I undress from my uniform and get into something comfortable and just lay on my bed. I'll make dinner later.

"I can't believe it. I almost cried in front of my crush. C'mon (Y/n) your better than this! Be professional!' I hide my face behind my hands.

'I'm so sorry Kiji! God I'm such an idiot for asking if he loves me! What if thins get awkward between us now!'

I'll tell him when I can gather the courage too...