Kiji x Reader: Train Ride (part 3!) (final)

"Kiji. I have to ask one selfish request from you." She says. 

I look at her, wondering what she request she wants from me.

"I need to see you." She says. I blink in confusing. What does she mean?

"I need to see you so I could keep loving you. I know this will only make things more awkward between us but please don't distance yourself away from me." She looks down and silently stars crying.

'I would never distance myself away from you.' I thought.

"I know your not mine. You never were mine but please I need to see you. Don't push me away." She drops to her knees and hugs herself. 

The rain got heavier.

"(Y/n) darling," I spoke up softly, "I'm so sorry." I said as I began to walk closer to her. I leaned on my knees and hugged her crying form.

"Darling." I called.

"K-kiji! Please d-don't push me a-a-away!" She sobs into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. I should have seen it from the beginning. You were in love with me all along back so didn't notice." I felt myself slowly start to cry. The guilt of not paying more attention to her emotions eating at my heart.

I thought I knew her. I know when she's lying, I know when she's nervous, I know when she's angry. I know so much about her. Yet I know so little. If I payed attention to another emotion in her, I could have caught it.

Love. If I payed attention to that emotion, then I could have known that she loves me. Now I do though. And everything, the signs of her love, hits me.

Blushing whenever I'm near her, sitting together as close as possible, surprise hugs, the way her eyes would light up by just looking at me.

"(Y/n), I love you." I say after her sobs quiet down.

"W-what?" She breathes out.

"I love you Darling. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember." I gently stroke her hair.

"Y-you do?" She pulls back and looks at me with glossy eyes.

"Yes. I do. I really do." I say as I lean and give her a kiss.

Soon we pull back.

"Let's go. The next train should be arriving soon. We wouldn't want to miss that now would we?" I wink at her and she giggles.

"Yeah." She smiles.

I didn't know what it was, but the rain stopped and the sky started clearing up.

•Bonus•
•One Week Later•
•Reader POV•

I stand in front of the Wardens office. It's not like it's my first time being here, but it is as the new guard of building 3.

Yeah, I got transferred to building 3. I don't know how he did it but Kiji somehow got the Warden to get me transferred to his building. Not that I'm complaining.

'I wonder if the Warden knows about our relationship.' You thought. Then you blushed and smiled, still incredibly happy that Kiji returns your feelings.

"You may come in now." Calls the Warden. Gulping you open the door to her office and see just her, at her desk.

You guessed that she got tired of Samon's running mouth and gave him a break to head back to his designated building.

"May I ask, why did you call me here Momoko?" You called her by her fist name. She gave you permission to since your the only other girl in this entire prison. Well except for the scientist and her 'daughter.'

"(Y/n), I called you here because I wanted to congratulate you in person." She spoke.

"Congratulate what?" You asked confused.

"About you and Supervisor Kiji Mitsuba." She says simply with a small smile.

You blush, "H-how did you know about us?!"

"Rumours go around Nanba fast." She shrugged her shoulders.

"But to be completely honest, it isn't hard to find out about the two of you. Supervisor Kiji has been threatening other guards and prisoners that look your way. He also tends to be quite open about it during the supervisor meeting yesterday." She really didn't hold back when she said 'honest.'

"Ah...I see." You sweat drop.

"He seems happy. More than usual. I hope you can keep him happy." She smiles.

"I certainly plan to. But so far he seems to be the one keeping me happy." You confess with a closed eye smile.

"I can tell. It's in your eyes. You've really fallen for him." You blush and look away, however that didn't stop Momoko from seeing that little smile of yours.

"You may leave now." She says. You bow and smile before taking your leave.

Closing the doors you sigh out in relief. 'I thought I was in trouble.' You took a few steps when you bumped into something, or someone.

"I thought I'd find you here." Looking up, you smile.

"Hi Kiji."

"Hello Darling." He says as he kisses the top of your head. That was where he could reach without bending so far down. Yeah. Your short. Shorter than Monkey and he's shorter than the Warden.

"Kiji, why do you call me darling?" You ask as you walk hand in hand, down the hallways, heading towards the train station.

"Well it's a habit I suppose. Also because I always thought of you as a sweet darling since you started at Nanba so that's probably why." He says.

You nod in understanding.

Your stopped by your boyfriend.

"Ki-" You get cut off as a pair of hot pink lips come into contact with your own.

"What was that for?" You asked a she pulled away.

"I couldn't help it." He shrugs.

"Kiji?" You ask.

"Yes Darling?" He whispers as he leans down, lips barely touching each other.

"Call me Darling again." You whisper as your lips got closer.

"I love you so much my darling." He says as he closes the gap.

"Love you."