Cat x Reader: Umbrella

You and your best friend, Mao, walk closely together under his umbrella. It suddenly started raining while you we're both on the train. Luckily for both of you, Mao had his umbrella on him because you know, it is the raining season.

"Hey (Y/n)," Mao gets your attention.

"Yeah?" You ask.

"Isn't that Hajime-senpai?" He points towards a familiar figure with an umbrella of his own. He's with someone though. Looks like a woman.

"Let's go." You grab Mao's hand and walk over to Hajime.

"I can't believe this." You heard Hajime sigh.

"Ah so this is your type." Mao says, making Hajime stiffen up a little before recollecting himself.

"Hi their cutie." You smile at the blonde woman clinging to Hajime.

"Hello." She smiles.

"This isn't.....what it looks like." Hajime growls.

"I hear you Hajime-senpai. It's just I didn't think you'd be the type of guy like girls. I always thought you liked Samon-senpai Nya." Mao smiles as you let out a giggle.

"I ship it." A picture of Hajime and Samon kissing flashes through your mind. You mentally fangirl.

"You will regret that." The gorilla growls.

"Hahahahaha I can't wait to see you at work tomorrow." You laugh as you run off with the umbrella.

"Bye Nya!" Mao bids farewell to Hajime and the pretty blonde woman and runs to catch up with you.

-With Hajime-

"They thought I was a girl didn't they?" Hitoshi says.

"Yeah. I'll kill them tomorrow." Hajime sighs.

-With You and Mao-

"Did you have to run off with the umbrella?" Mao pouts as he is now under said umbrella.

"Oops. Sorry." You laugh nervously.

"We're almost at our apartment building. We should hurry before we get sick Nya." Mao grabs your hand in a rush and starts running. Out of shock, you dropped the umbrella.

"Wait! Mao your umbrella!" You remind him.

"Don't worry. I'll get a new one." He smiles.

"No. I'll get a new one for you." You huff put as you catch your breath once you reached the lobby of the apartment building.

"You really don't have to Nya. They're replaceable." Mao pats your head with his paw.

"If your sure." You smile.

"Of course I am!" He hugs you once you both get inside the elevator. You both then kiss.

To everyone, you guys are just best friend and they ship you. But secretly, you're a couple. Well it wasn't a secret anymore since the security camera in the elevator caught you both kiss.