"One second," I nodded and went down to sit on the porch. The sky was crystal clear and soft shades of purple and light blues, and the sun was radiating vivid shades of red and orange. The entire sky looked like it was straight from the movie. Absurptly the door swang open and Imogen came out.

Imogen came out wearing a light purple cashmere sweater with a cami top underneath. It's the time of day that the cold starts to drift in. My heart skipped a beat seeing how she looks enticing without even trying. I don't even want to take my eyes off her. She has innocent but breathtaking features. I could never get used to it. I felt my hands start to produce sweat and I quickly try to dry it on my pants. 

"Hey Drew," she smiled lightly placing herself next to me. The closer she is to be the more nervous I feel myself getting. I don't get how she can do this to me. She has me in the palm of her hands but I don't mind. 

"Hi," I said. "I wanted to come to say I was sorry about what happened to Rebel. I realized I never properly said I was sorry," I stopped for a second to think of what to say next. "I was drunk and did something I will always regret. I didn't mean to hurt you the way I did. I'm forever truly sorry," I signed

"Drew It's okay," she leaned her head towards my shoulder. "I forgive you for that night but only because I still have Rebel with me. I get that I hurt you that day, with the potion and all, you were in pain," she spoke. I just wanted to hurt her the same way she hurt me but I could have lost her. 

"How are you doing about Lucas's situation?" I said rubbing her shoulder.

"I haven't talked to him for a week," she signed and removed her head from my shoulder.

"He'll come around," I said placing my hand on her thigh. "Why were you today?"

"I meet with the other special families today. Apparently my family is the chosen one it's between Rebel or me," she expressed with quotations. "One of us will have to do this ritual he didn't fully express what ritual involved but I'm sure it's not something to look forward. I have a secret though," she said pushing her strands of hair behind her ear. 

"Go ahead you can trust me," I gave her a reassurance smile.

"They said the chosen one would have a crystal half-moon appear on them and that means the ritual is approaching..." she signed "I found that mark on my foot a few days ago," she said seeming stressed.

"It's clear then. Your the chosen one and you're going to have to do the ritual. Well, I need to know more about the ritual before letting you continue with it," I spoke, "Not risking you getting hurt for this."

"I don't know when it's the right time to tell them. I'm already stressed just imagine when they know it's me. It's funny to think just last year my life was normal and I did normal things," she laughed

"True but last year we didn't even talk," I chuckled 

"I guess bad things always come with the good one," she giggled. "I'm glad your my friend Drew," she gave me an endearing smile. I felt myself melt when she flashed it. "Oh, I almost forgot. Next Saturday one of the families is hosting a wedding party and I'm supposed to go," she said playing with her fingers "Would you like to be my plus one?" 

"You sure you wouldn't want Lucas instead," I raised my brow looking at her. 

"He's supposed to go... but I don't think he wants to go with me," she responded.

"Are you trying to use me to make him jealous," I flashed a devious smile and nudge her shoulder.

"No," her mouth wide open "I want you to come to have some distraction me from him. I'm actually trying to have a good time," she slapping my shoulder.