[that one deviant chapter]

Today's chapter will be in third person, and not in diary format. It just seemed to fit this specific chapter better.  sorry if I disappoint. anyway, onwards!

Alfred looked around at the dusty attic. There were many things in here, but none of them included the other countries. No, this is where his personal demons lie in wait, ready to consume him at a moment's notice.

New York Decided that he was going to join him, despite all of the protesting that came from the nation. Jersey tagged along, too, just to annoy his slightly older brother.

"Hey, Tony! Come check this out!" He called across the room. York sighed and trudged over, pulling the bandana off of his mouth.

"What is so absolutely important that it required my attention right now ?" he asked, his accent laying thickly over the words. New Jersey just rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Look. It's the outfits that each of us were found in! Isn't it cool how they changed over the years? Like here, this one's-"

"-Oregon's," America cut in, also coming over to look at the box. "I found him at the end of the Oregon trail. Of course, he wasn't Oregon at the time; he just sort of was. You know what I mean?" He laughed a little before continuing, touching the fabric slightly. "He never got any bigger or older for the longest time. I was worried for him. I thought that he wouldn't make it and he would fade. He didn't, though." He laughed again, setting the small, brown wool pants down next to the box, and folding the little white shirt and setting it on top. "God I sound like such an old man. How do you two e put up with me?"

"We don't," said Anthony, frowning and crossing his arms.

"Oh don't listen to him! We love to listen to your stories! I always find them the most entertaining ones, after all," said Michael. Always opposites, they were. Jersey looked down again, picking up another outfit; this one a small white dress, similar to the one America was found in. The only difference was that this one was stained with blood spatters. Michael looked at it for a minute before asking, "Alfred, whose... was this?"

America looked at it for a second, before gasping and stumbling backwards, clutching at his chest, before blacking out.

"America?"

"America!"

~~~~~flashback~~~~~~~

Alfred stood, staring at the crowd forming before him through his second story window. How dare those Redcoats! It's like trying to tax everything we get wasn't enough for them!  He thought, looking down in disgust. First, the Brits pass the Townshend Acts, which pretty much put an outrageous tax on everything that they got from the British. Then, when the Americans refused to buy it because the couldn't afford any of it, they sent over Redcoat troops to try and force us to! Who did they think they were?!

While he was thinking these dark and dangerous thoughts, he felt a small tug on his pants. Looking down, he saw his newest little sister, Boston, which is where they were now.

"Boston? Dear, what is it? Do you need something?" He asked, crouching down so he could speak to her on her level. Since Boston was a city, she was unique; an anomaly of sorts. Being this anomaly, he had decided to wait to introduce her to the colonies until there was less fighting and unrest in his country. The only one who knew was Massachusetts, but that's because he was the one who found her.

"There's Redcoats in front of the Old State house!" she whined, "And the people are fighting with them again!"

"Alright," he said, standing and straightening his clothes, "Let's go check it out, okay?"

Boston nodded, grabbing his hand and following him out the door and into the streets. It didn't take them long to get there, but when they did, they were welcomed with the sight of a large crowd of people, all shouting and jeering, some even throwing small things like rocks and pebbles at the people in the middle.

And in the middle, with arms at the ready, stood nine British soldiers. They all were wearing scowls on their faces, tense in the arms and hands. One of them started shouting, and the rest of them quickly stood, aimed, and-

fired.

Alfred fell to his knees when the screaming started. He could feel sharp, burning pains searing through his chest, arms, legs, everywhere. His body hurt and the screaming was piercing his ears. The feeling was so overwhelming that he lost Boston, but it didn't take him long to notice that she was gone.

"Boston?" he called, pushing away his own pain in a wave of terror and adrenalin. "Boston! Where are you?" He heard a small whimper come from somewhere to his left.

Following the sound, he saw Boston, crumpled against the wall of the state house. He also saw a familiar mess of blond hair running in the other direction. But that was unimportant right now; his attention was all for the little girl on the ground.

He ran across the brick street, using the wall as a brake and crouching down once again.

"A-ameri..ca..." she whispered, her right hand reaching up to touch his face.

"Yes sweetheart, it's me. It's okay, you'll be okay. Just hang in there." He was terrified, to say the least. The blood was already dripping and pooling on the ground around the small figure. Just as long as it wasn't England's bullet...

"Alfred, why...isn't it closing...yet?" She asked him, her voice even quieter than before. Her skin was pail and her hands were laid limply across her stomach, right over her wound.

"I-I don't know," he replied, tears starting to leave tracks down his cheeks. " I don't know, Boston. Come on, let's get you home." He bent and picked up the limp figure, cradling her in his arms.

"Alfred... we both know... that I won't make it... past this... So please, win this war for me... okay?" Boston smiled ever so slightly, before closing her shiny gray eyes and releasing her last breath.

"Boston..." America whispered, touching their foreheads together, before looking up into the dreary sky. "England!" he screamed, his face contorted in anguish, "I swear, we will win this war! You are my brother no longer!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

this will have a part two coming out probably tomorrow

later guys