September 28

Dear Diary,

Today was awesome! I woke up early to go on a quick jog before packing up my backpack and heading to Canada's house, which is where we decided to meet before setting off on our trip. Sadly, England was there. Not that I have anything against England, or anything! I just kinda wanted to leave as soon as possible, but with him there, it would take longer.

Anyway, so I ended up just not saying anything, scaled the wall ivy, and waited in his bedroom until I heard Iggy's car drive off. Apparently he saw me or something, because my brother came ond knocked on the door and told me it's time to leave before I even thought about walking out. Weird.

So we set out early this morning, and walked some of the easier trails. The plan was to get as far out as possible, then branch off the path and out into the wild. That's what we're going to be doing tomorrow. We set up camp a little early tonight, and I'm waiting for Mattie to come back from scouting for a little while. I offered to help, but he said I might get lost. I laughed but stayed behind anyway. If he wants to be alone I won't  press him.

I left Virginia in charge of the house until I get back, which is cool. At least I can count on some cookies when I get home. Although, I don't know if I'll be able to eat them without throwing up again. I'm hoping that fresh meat on a fire will allow me to eat. I'm hoping that it takes me back to when Native America was our mother, and we lived with her in her tribe. I believe that both of our skins' were darker then, but they were still rather pale compared to theirs.

I hope I get to use my bow again. It is one of my favorite things. Don't get me wrong, I love guns, but sometimes a bow just seems more... I don't know, humane? Natural? Something like that.

Ahh, Mattie's back. And he brought a rabbit for Kuma and Nasa to share. He's so considerate like that. I wish I could be more like him. Funny story, we once had a competition to see who could stalk Mother for the longest before she noticed us, and I won! See, I can be quiet, too! But I gotta go now, so until tomorrow, Arrivaderci!

-America the beautiful, brave, and free