October 16

Dear Diary,

I woke up early today and left a note for Russia that said that I would be out for the day, or for at least a while. So I skipped breakfast and went on a quest for a waterfall. Hopefully I find one today, but I don't know that I will. I think I just like to walk around in the woods.

When I get back, I think I'm going to ask Ivan if there's an airfield near here. Oh how I would love to fly over that sunflower field and look down on that sea of gold before they die in the unforgiving Russian winter. I have places in the states where sunflowers will never die, which is a luxury some people don't have.

I wonder what's going on in Europe right now? Considering I've been out here for almost a week now, It's harder to keep up with my own country, but not impossible. I watched SNL again last night, and the presidential debates are too close to the real thing. It's still hilarious to watch, though.

It's kind of a shame that I can't bring myself to eve look at Russia for fear of making things weird and ruining it. But I don't think running away is helping much but I suck at human contact so yeah.

But I think that's it for ow, so I'll talk to you later, yea?

-America