September 8

I'm sorry that I'm rather late tonight, but Illinois had me up and running all day. I think she might have noticed that I've been a little off lately, so she sang while we worked and made me some traditional barbeque. Her's and her twin, Missouri's, are the best in the nation, hands down. It really means a lot to me that she did that. I'll have to do something to thank her for it.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go to the emergency meeting being held in Beijing. They didn't tell me what it's for, and Canada didn't answer my texts. Maybe I should visit him after the meeting? I don't know.

I'm thinking about bringing a couple of states with me so they can explore the different capitals and experience other cultures, because some of them don't get out much. I might use this to thank Illinois... Yeah! That sounds great! I hope she'll like it...

Who else should I bring? Probably Missouri and Indiana, their closest brother. He's almost the same age as them, and twice as dorky. And that's saying something, because Hailey (Illinois) is a huge nerd, and goes to all the conventions that are held in her state. I've gone with her a few times, and they are awesome!

But I need to pack now, and I'm going to get to bed before I can get depressed again. I'll try to text Mattie again tomorrow. Maybe I'll apologise to Russia when I see him...

-Alfred Jones