Chapter Forty-Seven

This morning I woke up and just didn't feel so good. Everything I did seemed to do made me feel sicker. I had never felt this sick in my life. Not even the morning sickness made me feel this way. My stomach was in knots and I felt like I was going to puke any second but nothing would come out. Not to mention the striking headache I had that would not go away. This was just not my morning.

"Here I brought you some medicine to make you feel better." I took the medicine and the water he gave me. "Thanks babe."

"I don't think you should go to work today baby girl. You need to rest."

"Cordell you know I can't do that, I have too much work to do. I've already missed too much work."

"If you work yourself to death, you are going to stress yourself and you know stress isn't good for the baby."

"I know Cordell, but I can't miss any more work. If I do my boss will think I'm not taking my job serious."

"I will talk to your boss if you want."

"No, I am not six years old Cordell."

"I never said you were but you are clearly not feeling well and I am not about to stand by and watch the girl I'm in love with suffer and stress herself out when she's in pain." I sighed. I knew he just wanted to help and wanted to take care of me but I couldn't miss any more work. I also knew if we didn't calm down this would end in a fight just like the last time and I didn't want that. "What if I promise to take it easy at work? What if I go and leave early?" he sighed and sat beside me. He stayed quiet and took my hand and rubbed circles into it as he thought. "I watched the pain you went through when we were doing the injections. Even when you put on a brave face for me, I knew you were suffering. I don't want to have to watch you in any more pain baby girl because it doesn't just hurt you, it hurts me too." I eased up closer to him and stroked his cheek. "I might have went through pain but I did that for us. We are a team baby and this is our baby. I know this means just as much to you as it does for me. So I promise to take it easy from now on."

He sighed again. "You have to leave early and I will call Denise to make sure you have left too." I could tell he was serious because he was using his boss tone. His face was also looking at me with a no nonsense look too. "Okay I promise baby."

"I'm serious Lelaih."

"I know Cordell," I said mocking him. He got up and straightened his tie not taking his eyes off me. I smiled innocently at him and he just bent down to kiss me. "Love you."

"Love you more." He winked and then walked out like the boss he was.

I had really needed to go shopping for maternity clothes because I was seriously getting too big for my clothes. Everything either didn't fit at all or fit extremely too tight to the point I looked like I was about to pop at only three months.

I finally found a dress that had white polka dots at the top half and was black on the bottom half. It barely fit but it looked as if everything was okay. I let my hair hang lose. I slipped on my black flats since my feet were killing me and I couldn't see myself wearing heels all day.

When I walked into the office I noticed Denise eating a yogurt smiling at me. "I never thought I would see the day Ms. Marshall didn't wear heels to work."

"Shut up and do your job."

"Someone's snippy today," she said smiling mockingly at me. I flipped her off and walked into my office only to be greeted by someone waiting for me. I swear Denise was slacking off. "Did we have an appointment today?" the lady turned around and I saw it was the planner I hired for the girls' program. "Ms. Marshall so glad to see you!"