Chapter 54

I sat up in the bed and held the cover to my chest. Joe traced light patterns over my back as he lay on the bed.
“Why did we do that again?” I asked.
“You still love me,” he answered, sitting up and kissing my bare shoulder.
“We can't. Not again,” I said, reaching down for my bikini top and bottoms. I started putting them back on.
“Why?”
“Because-” I started, tying my bikini top.
“Mia, why?” He asked again.
I took a deep breath and looked out the window. “Because I'm pregnant again.” I turned round to look at him. “That's why.”
“Are you...” He stuttered.
“I can't do this. I need to go,” I said, running out the room.
“Mia, come back.” I heard Joe say as I ran out the house.

I ran to the beach and tears began to fall from my eyes. I stopped running and started to walk as I looked out at the sun setting across the water.
“Mia, please.” I heard Joe shout.
I stopped and turned round. He wasn't running anymore, just walking towards me.
“You're right, we can't do this anymore. We can't keep on sleeping together and acting like it never happened. We can't keep pretending that we don't love each other. We can't do those things when we know that the love we have for each other, drives us crazy. I'm not scared to admit that I'm crazily in love you and it does drive me crazy.” He stopped a few feet away from me. “It drives me crazy and you feel the same way because what we have together...it's hard to find. Mia...you're pregnant again and...I want to be there like I was with Connor. I need you.”
I but my lip and looked back out to the sun setting. How can I trust him after he cheated on me? How can I be sure that it was only with one girl? Who's to say that the girl he slept with, isn't pregnant? If I don't give him a chance to prove all of my questions wrong, there will be a very high chance that I'll regret it.

I took a deep breath before I ran over to him and held onto him for dear life. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me tightly and kissed my neck. He put me down but kept a hold of my waist.
I looked into his eyes. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” he smiled, giving me a kiss.
I smiled and leaned my head on his chest. He moved his hands so that they were resting on the base of my back and we looked out at the sunset. I felt the coldness of Joe's wedding ring on my back as he began to run his hand up and down it. I pulled back and looked at him.
“What?” He asked.
“Did you ever take your wedding ring off?” I asked, pulling his left hand away from my back and looking at his hand.
“No because I knew that it was you who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I didn't want to give up on us getting back together,” he stated truthfully.
I nodded, “I see.”
He pulled away from me and put his hand in his shorts pocket. I looked at him with curiosity. He took his hand back out his pocket and I noticed that he had my wedding ring in his hand. I smiled as he got down on one knee.
He held my left hand in his and looked up at me. “Amelia Halliwell, will you put your wedding ring back on and take back my name?”
“Yes,” I smiled.
He slipped my wedding ring back onto my finger and stood up. He held me in his arms once more and kissed me. He pulled away and looked at me, “So...I'm going to be a dad again?”
“Terrible timing with it but yes, you are.”
“Wow. Think we can handle two babies under 2?” He asked.
“With you by my side, we can do anything.” I told him.
“Together,” he smiled.
I looked out to the water and traced my fingers over his arm as he held me to his chest. I love this man so much and now...nothing is going to break us. Or can it?

The End
xx