Chapter 43

After we had dinner, we were all sat in the living room watching the TV. Louise and Charlie were sat opposite Joe and myself, on the other couch. Joe was laying behind me on the couch as I lay against his chest watching the TV. Every know and then, Joe's hand would move across my stomach and rest there before kissing the top of my head. I felt the baby kick and Joe's hand flew to my stomach to where the baby had just kicked.

“He may be a footballer just like me,” Joe whispered into my ear.

I smiled and looked up at him. “You never know. By the way he's kicking, I think that'll be a very high profession he would do.”

I pushed myself further us his body so my head was lying beside his and he smiled before placing a light kiss on my neck. I entwined my right hand with his and continued to watch the TV.

There was a small buzz coming from the security monitor in the hall and I sat up so Joe could go and see what it was.

“Mia,” he called.

“What?”

“Are you expecting a visitor or something?” He asked.

“No, why?” I replied, getting up off the couch and walking out to the hall to see what he was talking about.

“There's someone here to see you and they want access,” he said, looking at me as I walked towards him.

“I don't have anyone coming to see me. Deny it.”

He pressed the 'deny' button and then the 'Show entrance' button to see who it was. There was a black car sitting waiting to get in but neither of us could make out who was in the car. I pressed the 'zoom' button to get a closer look at who it was. I looked at the screen when a face suddenly appeared out the car window to talk to the security guard.

I looked closely at it and realised it was Paul's brother. Another message came up wanting to know if we were sure that we weren't expecting anyone. Joe, again, pressed the 'deny' button and watched as the car began to slowly reverse away from the gate. He turned to look at me and I walked back into the living room to sit down.

Joe came back in and sat down behind me. He pulled me close to his chest and asked if I was okay. I slightly nodded and went back to watching the TV.

At 11:30pm, we all decided to go to bed. I came out of my walk-in wardrobe to see Joe sitting at the edge of the bed in his boxers, waiting for me. I walked over to him and gave him a kiss before getting into bed.

“You knew who that was, didn't you?” He asked, turning round to face me.

“Why does it matter? It's done with now,” I replied, pulling the quilt cover up over my body.

“It matters to me! I'm your husband and I want to know how you knew him,” he said, getting to his feet and staring down at me.

“Are we seriously going to do this? Do you really want to know who it was, that badly?” I asked.

“Just tell me how you knew who it was.”

“Fine.” I took a deep breath and looked up at him. “It was Paul's brother. He used to go to my dance class when I was a teenager. Obviously, he's older than me and danced with the older girls. That's how I knew who it was.”

“That wasn't so bad, was it? Why didn't you just tell me-” He started, sitting down at his side of the bed and taking my left hand in his.

I pulled my hand away from his grasped. “I don't want anything to do with that family anymore. His brother put me through hell and you know that! I was wanting to forget about this but you're making sure I can't.”