Chapter 19

Sitting in the back seat of the car, nerves started to consume my body. I had no idea where I was going or what Joe had planned for the evening. I didn't know if I was overdressed or under-dressed. I just didn't gave a clue!

After what seemed like a painfully long drive, the car came to a stop outside the Radisson Blu Hotel in Liverpool. I gasped as I looked out the car window at it, taking every fine detail in. The brightly lit stoned entrance, the glass doors and wall all looked welcoming but that soon faded as photographers quickly crowded round the car.

The driver got out the front of the car and made his way round to the back so I could get out. I didn't notice the bodyguards that stood by the side of the car, waiting for me to come out but I took a deep breath and the door opened.

I stepped out of the car and the bodyguards quickly moved to me, shielding me from the stampede of photographers that surged towards me. I was ushered quickly into the hotel building, security from the hotel moving to the doors so no unwanted visitors could get in.

The bodyguards moved away from me so I could straighten out my appearance but I didn't get as much time to do so as I stood in the bright welcoming lobby with a middle-aged woman approaching me.
"Miss Halliwell?" She asked, smiling at me like she didn't see what just happened outside.
I looked at her and replied, "Yes?"
"Follow me.”
She turned and I followed her over to the lifts. She pressed the button on the wall, calling for a lift down to the ground floor and we stood in silence. I took this time to take in my surroundings. Everything was modern: the lighting, flooring, fixtures – you name it!

A set of lift doors opened and we got in. I didn't see her press any buttons as the door closed over and the lift started going up. As it went up, I everything was starting to make sense. This is was the secret that Joe was hiding from me.
We came to a stop and the lift doors opened and we walked down the corridor to a room. She opened the single door and allowed me to go inside the room.

I stepped inside the room and looked around to see rose petals scattered on the floor and candles lit everywhere. I gasped in surprised before Joe walked out from the dining room area in a simple black suit and looked at me.
"Miss Halliwell for you, Mr Hart." The woman said to Joe.
"Thank you," Joe replied.
I heard the door close over and Joe walked over to me. He pulled me into his arms and held me close. "You look amazing."
"You don't look too bad yourself, "I smiled at him.
He pulled away from me and helped me take my jacket off and sat it neatly on the couch along with my clutch bag. He turned his attention back to me and guided me towards the dining room area. He let go of my hand and pulled a chair out from under the table for me. I smiled and sat down.

Once settled, Joe lightly kissed the top of my head and sat down in the chair across from me.
"So, this is what you had to do today?" I asked.
"Partly. I had other things to do as well," he replied with a cheeky grin on his face.
I shook my head and reached for the glass of wine that was poured out in front of me. I took a sip of it as Joe watched my every move like a hawk.
"Would you like something to eat now?" He asked after I sat the wine glass back down.
"I would actually," I nodded.
A few seconds later, there was a waiter in the room with food balanced easily in either hand. I smiled as he sat each plate in front of us and I looked at Joe who smiled at me.

Picking up his wine glass, Joe made a toast. "To us and our five years of being together."
I picked my glass up and agreed. "To us."
We smiled at each other and took a sip of the wine before beginning to eat the meal that was laid out before us.

A few hours later, we had finished dinner and were sat at the table talking to each other when there was a light knock on the room door.
"I'll get it," Joe said.
He got up and walked to the door. I heard him open it and start talking before he came back in with a man pushing a cart with champagne and flowers.
"Thank you," Joe smiled to the man after he placed the cart beside the couch in the living room.
The man nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him.

I looked up at Joe."What..."
He stepped towards me and took my hand in his, walking me over to the couch. He let me sit down on it but continued to stand.

I looked up at him in confusion. "What's going on?"
Joe simply continued to look down at before taking a deep breath. After the breath, he got down on one knee. I stared at him in shock as he took my left hand in his and looked me in the eyes.
"Mia, over the past five years, we've been through every thing. A secret relationship at the start, near death experiences and a miscarriage that nobody but us know about.” He started. “You moved to Manchester with me because my work took me here. You didn't have to do that but you did and that showed me how much you really do love me.”
"I'd move anywhere to be with you, Joe." I reassured.
He smiles brightly. "And I would do the same for you. You have made me so happy and I love you so much. I love you so much that I never want to let you go. I very quickly realised how important you are to me and I want to go through the rest of my life, knowing that you'll be there next to me . So, Miss Amelia Halliwell, will you marry me?"