Chapter 17

2008 - 21 years old

It's been a year since I got the news that Paul Wilson had escaped from jail but I wasn't letting it get to me. The fact that they still haven't caught him or had any sightings of him makes me a little worried. But life goes on and mine certainly has.

Today marks five years since Joe and I got together, our fifth anniversary together. It even shocks me more than it shocks everyone else, that we've lasted this long but we love each other so much. I guess the years have just been going by so quickly because so much has happened during it.
I was sitting on the bed reading an OK! magazine when Joe walked into the room and sat down next to me.
"Why are you reading that?"
"Because I want to," I replied, casually flicking through the pages.
"I see,” he nods. “What are you doing today?"
"I don't know. I may go shopping or I may go and see my dad at the office since he's up for a meeting. Why?" I asked him.
"I don't want you to have nothing to do today because I have to go out somewhere," he enlightened.
"Where and why aren't I invited?" I questioned.
"You're not invited because I want to do this on my own," he stated, getting up off the bed and putting his shoes on.
"Is it something for me? It is isn't it?" I said, putting my magazine down and reaching to hug him from behind. I kissed his neck.
"Do you mind?" He asked.
"Nope." I continued to kiss his neck.
"Mia, please." He turned round and looked at me.
I sat back and looked up at him. He pulled me off the bed and made me stand in front of him, pulling me close to his chest and looking into my eyes.
"I love you, Miss Halliwell. More than you will ever know and I would love to take you with me so much but I can't. Not this time anyway," he stated.
"Why are you being so secretive? Oh, you've got me something. Tell me what it is and I'll leave you alone."
He laughed, "It may be something for you, you never know. Now, I'll see you tonight."
He kissed my forehead and let me go, walking out the room and leaving me all alone.
"I hate you," I shouted at him.
"I love you too," he called mack to me.
I smiled shyly and sat on the bed. I reached over for my phone and called my little sister.
"Phoebe, what are you doing today?" I asked her.
"Nothing, why?" She replied.
"Do you want to go shopping with me? I need something to do as Joe has just left me to go and do something," I told her.
"Yeah, sure. I'll be round in half an hour. Bye."
I pulled the phone away from ear and looked at it. Okay, now she was very off and straight to the point. I threw my phone onto the bed and started to think of all the reasons as to why Joe was being so secretive with me. I needed to know what he was doing and this shopping trip was going to give me the answer.