Chapter 35

August - 4 months pregnant

Our holiday was amazing. A holiday to my families private island not far from Barbados was just what Joe and I needed. Joe got a phone call off of his mum during our holiday, saying that Birmingham City have offered to take him out on loan for the season. He was very happy with the fact that he was going to be playing this season and not just warming up the bench for City.
We decided to move to Birmingham so Joe wouldn't need to travel so far for training and the games. We found a house pretty quickly and moved into it a few weeks ago. Everything was all set out and decorated as to what we both wanted but mainly as to what I wanted. I was starting show now and Joe had become more protective over me since the world found out I was pregnant.

"They are unbelievable!" Joe half shouted, putting the newspaper down on the coffee table in frustration.
I looked at him. "What now?"
"I hate them. Why can't they just leave us alone?" He asked in return.
"Oh, I don't know. Could it be that you have a famous wife who is pregnant?"
"Sorry. You're right. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it annoys the hell out of me so much!" He said, standing up and coming over to sit on the arm of the couch I lay on.
"Aren't you suppose to be travelling up to Manchester today?" I questioned.
"I am but will you be okay in here alone?"
"I'll be fine. Your mum said that she would stay with me while you're away and your dad is travelling up to see you play anyway." I told him.
There was a soft knock at the front door and Joe walked off to go and answer it. He came back in a few minutes later with his mum following close behind.
"Hi, Louise." I smiled to her as I sat up.
"Hi, Mia. How are you feeling?" She took a seat on the couch opposite from where I sat.
"I'm fine," I replied.
"Mia, I..." Joe started.
"Go! I'll be fine. It's not like I'm full-term and about to drop. Just go and play. Your mum and I will be watching you on the TV."
"Okay. I love you," he smiled, leaning down and giving me a kiss.
"Love you too," I replied.
"And what about me?" Louise asked.
"I love you too, mum." He laughed while walking out the room.
We heard the front door open and close, telling us that we were now alone together in the house.
"Now we know he's gone," I laughed.
"Yeah,” Louise agreed. “So, have you had any thoughts about the nursery yet?"
"No. Joe wants to leave it the now but the next four months will fly by and we'll have left it too late." I told her.
"Joseph will never plan too far ahead. He never has and won't change. If you nag him about it though, he'll give in and do it." She said.
"I may just do that,” I nodded. I stood up and stretched my arms out above my head. “Do you want something to drink?"
"Tea would be lovely," she replied, standing up and following me into the kitchen.

We spent the rest of the day talking about the baby and watching TV. 10Pm came and we decided to sit out in the back garden for some fresh air. I sat with my feet resting on one of the chairs while Louise sat at the other side of the table drinking her drink she had in her hand. I looked towards the stars in the sky and pointed to one.
"That star up there is the star that Joe got named after us for our wedding," I pointed out to her.
"I didn't know you had a star named after you," she replied in shock.
"Not a lot of people do. I already have one for myself which a family member of mine got me when I was born. I told Joe about it and he thought that it would be a nice idea for us to get one together." I explained.
"He's different with you. You know don't you?” I looked over at her. “He never acted this way when he was younger. He always thought about football and cricket. Since he found you, he's been thinking about other things."
"Is that a good thing?" I asked, a little unsure as to where she was heading with this revelation.
"It is. I remember when he was 17, he came home from meeting you and had the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen. Chloe tried to get it out of him as to why he was so happy all of a sudden but he never said. He didn't listen to anything she was saying about him. His thoughts were only of you and when we found out you two were secretly dating, it did hurt a little to not know that he was dating someone. But that changed when we met you in a more formal manner. We saw how he acted with you and it was different. Charlie and I noticed that he loved you very much and would do anything for you. You made him happy and still do. That's all we can ask for is for him to be happy in life."
I smiled at her. " I love him too much to ever let him go."
"I know you do and I know that he would do anything you ask him to. Even more now that you're carrying his first child," she stated.
"Yeah.” I nodded with a smile still on my face. I looked at the time on my phone. “Well, I think I better go to bed because I have been up since 6am with Joe making so much noise looking for his football stuff."
She laughed and we both stood up and walked back into the house. I said goodnight to her and walked upstairs and into my bedroom to go to sleep.