Chapter 36

I woke up at 9:30am the next day with my phone vibrating at the side of the bed. I reached over for it and saw that it was a text message from Joe. I smiled and opened it:

'Morning beautiful,
I hope that both you and my mum are having a good time.
Game day today against Man Utd, hope you'll be watching.
xxxx'

I smiled and replied to him:

'Good morning to you too.
Yes, me and your mum are having a great time.
We will be watching, don't worry.
Hope you have a great game,
xxxx'

I put my phone down and started to get ready. I wore my light blue skinny jeans, white fitted top and a pair of flat sandals because it was such a beautiful day outside. Louise and I planned to meet up with Joe's sister, Chloe, today to do a little bit of shopping before watching the game. I picked up my phone and bag before walking down the stairs.
I walked into the kitchen and noticed that Chloe was sitting by the breakfast bar, smiling away with her mum. She must have come over early and Louise let her in. I smiled at her and put my bag and phone down on the dining room table before walking over to sit next to Chloe. I looked over at Louise who was making breakfast.
“You don't have to do that,” I said to her as she gave me a glass of orange juice and a few slices of toast.
“I want to do it. It's the least I can do for you letting me stay here,” she replied.
I smiled at her and began to eat the toast she gave me.

At 10:30am, we began to get ready to go shopping. I sat down on the stairs for a little rest while Louise went and got her bag from the room she was staying in. I heard her make her way back down the stairs and stood up.
“Who's driving?” Chloe asked.
“I'll drive since Joe doesn't like me driving on my own,” I answered, picking my car keys up off of the table in the wall.
“He doesn't let you drive anywhere?” Louise asked me to make sure he heard right.
“No because he doesn't trust the paparazzi now that they found out I'm pregnant. He thinks that they're gonna do something to me while I'm driving.”
“I'll have a word with him when he gets back. He needs to tone it down a little,” she said, opening the front door.
I smiled at her and waited for Chloe to walk out before following them out and closing then locking the door. We walked to my car and got in. Being pregnant wasn't all bad because Joe bought me a new car that would be safer for me to drive. He bought me a new top-of-the range Mercedes Benz CL-Class which he did admit, was better than his. We got settled in the car and drove off to go shopping.

We arrived back home at 12:30pm as our shopping trip had to be cut short. Louise and Chloe noticed that I was getting annoyed by the paparazzi following us about, so decided to cut it short.
I walked into the house and put my shopping bags down next to the couch before I sat down.
“Do they always do that?” Chloe asked, sitting down on the other couch.
“Now you can see why Joe gets pissed off with them,” I replied.
“They should learn to leave you alone when you're trying to go about your own business,” Louise said while sitting down next to Chloe.
I nodded and picked the remote control up off the coffee table and turned the TV on. I put SkySports on to watch Joe play his first game for Birmingham City. The game didn't kick-off till 12:45pm, so I had time to go and put my new clothes away in the bedroom before it was due to start. I stood, picked up the bags and made my way up the stairs.
I sat the bags down on the bed and my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I took it out my pocket and looked down at it. 1 new message:

'I hope you're watching the game ;)
xxxx'

I smiled and was about to reply when I felt a pain shoot across my stomach. I dropped my phone on the floor and held my stomach. The pain was so severe that I slowly fell to the ground and leaned back against the bed to try and stop it. I tried to reach for my phone but the pain got more and more unbearable.

Tears began to fall freely from my eyes when Louise came into the room to tell me that the game was about to start.
“Mia, the...Oh my god, are you okay? What's the matter?” She worriedly asked, kneeling down on the floor next to me.
“The...I'm...” I couldn't speak as the pain was starting to get stronger by the second.
She grabbed my phone and called for an ambulance. A few seconds later, I heard Chloe come up the stairs to see what was taking so long. She walked into the room and quickly came over to me.
“What's wrong?” She quickly asked.
“Mia's getting pains in her stomach,” Louise told her. “Mia, the ambulance is on it's way. You're gonna be okay.”
“I want....I need Joe!” I cried.
“He's playing...Chloe, text Joseph to tell him that Mia's...” Louise started.
“Mum, he won't be able to check his phone till the game finishes. Why don't I call dad to tell him what's going on? He'll see him after the game,” Chloe replied to her.
We waited for well over ten minutes when there was a loud knock at the front door. Chloe got up and quickly ran down the stairs to get it. I heard running up the stairs and two paramedics came in. Louise moved out the way so they could get to me.
“Okay, Mrs Hart, what's the...” One of them started.
“She's four months pregnant and is in a lot of pain. What do you think is wrong with her?” Louise said to the paramedics.
“Okay, Mrs Hart, we'll need you to...” I heard them start.
I couldn't hear anything else as I blanked out with the pain.