Chapter 28

I woke up later that night with Joe whispering to me.
“Mia, you need to get up. It's time to go,” I heard him say.
I slowly sat up and noticed that I was sitting in between Joe's legs when he sat up.
“What time's it?” I asked.
“5:30pm. You've to be at the hotel by seven, so you're fine.” Roshien replied to me.
“I need my-” I started while standing up.
“Everything's taken care of. All you have to do is get your shoes on and we can go.” Joe said, standing up behind me and placing his hands on either side of my hips.
I walked into the hall and put my shoes on. Joe handed me my car keys and we all walked out to the cars to go to the hotel.

We arrived at the hotel at 6:15pm and I was rushed straight into a private room to get changed.
I sat in the private room getting my hair done and a sea of dizziness came over me again. I bent my head down and felt someone's hand rubbing my back.
“Mia, are you sure you're okay?” Joe asked me.
I slowly brought my head back up and looked at him. “Yeah, I'm fine.”
“I'll go and get you a drink to see if that helps.” He turned and walked out of the room.
Lisa looked at me, “William, I think you're done now. We'll see you on Saturday.”
“Okay, bye Mia. I'll see you on Saturday,” he smiled, giving me a kiss on the cheek before leaving the room.
“Okay, what's wrong?” Lisa asked me.
“I...Roshien, go and check to make sure that Joe's not coming yet.”
Roshien walked over to the door and looked up and down the corridor then back to me. “All clear.”
“I'm pregnant,” I confessed.
“Are you serious? How long?” She asked.
“I don't know. I only found out today,” I replied.
“Well, before we leave on Saturday, we'll get you to the hospital to get checked out.”
“Five minutes till your entrance, Miss Halliwell.” A loud male voice called into the room
I got out the chair I sat on and slipped my shoes on. Joe came back in and gave me a glass of cold water. I accepted it and took a sip before sitting it down on the table. “Thank you.”
“How are you feeling now?” He asked as we made our way to the ballroom.
“I'm fine. Now go. The quicker I make my entrance and say a speech with my dad, the quicker we can go home.” I told him, urging him to move in the opposite direction.
“Okay,” he said, giving me a quick kiss. “Love you.”
“Love you too.” I stood watching him go down the corridor and the smile I once had on my face faded. How is he going to react to the news he's going to be dad?

I left the ballroom at 8:30pm and ran to the private room I was in before making my entrance in the ballroom. I ran into the room and straight to the bathroom to be sick. I heard voices calling for me but I was too weak to answer them and just dropped to the floor.