Chapter 7

2005 - 18 years old

My relationship with Joe is still going strong, stronger than ever. When our friends and family found out about us, most accepted it whereas others were a little judgemental as they didn't think it was real. They didn't know I was in a relationship and since I kept denying it when they asked, they thought I was lying about this.

Today, I was returning home from a holiday to New York with my best friend Roshien. My parents had paid for us to go on the trip as part of my 18th birthday present. They paid for the flights, hotel, private car to drive us around while in New York and even gave us both money to go shopping and buy whatever we wanted.

I was a little sad to be leaving New York but the sadness faded away when the thought of seeing Joe came into my head. Spending three weeks away from Joe, no means of communication with him, practically killed me. I really missed him so much!

I walked down the steps of the private jet and across the tarmac to the waiting car with Roshien by my side. We both smiled at the driver as he held open the door of the car for us to get in. The door closed over once we were settled and the driver got in the front, preparing to take us home.

The car started to move when the driver passed me my mobile.

“Your father told me to give it to you,” he said as I took it from him.

“Thank you,” I replied, turning it on to reveal numerous text messages from Joe telling me he missed me and how he couldn't wait to see me again.

I smiled when my phone suddenly began to vibrate as Joe's caller ID showed up on the screen.
I answered the phone, "Yes, Mr Hart?"
"Haha, have you just landed?" He asked, sounding happy to hear my voice.
"Yeah, we're in the car the now.” I reply. “Heading home to see my family.”

We passed waiting cars on either side of the road and slowed to a stop at a junction.
"I was wondering if I could see you later on today.”

“Well, I'll have to check my schedule but I-” I started before Roshien's screams filled the car.

I didn't have time to look up before a lorry came ploughing into the side of our car.
"Mia, what was that?” Joe's voice faintly asked as we stopped being pushed to the side by the lorry. “Mia, can you hear me? Mia, pick up. MIA!”
His voice got louder but my hearing got quieter to a point that I couldn't hear anything nor could I open my eyes.