Chapter 34

I woke up at 7pm in bed and rubbed my eyes. Joe must have carried my up here after I had fallen asleep. I heard voices downstairs and remembered that our families were coming round tonight so we could tell them the I was pregnant. I got up out of bed and got changed. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a white oversized top and my flat shoes. I put a cardigan on too as I felt a little cold. Once I brushed my hair and checked my appearance over in the mirror, I walked down the stairs.

I walked into the living room and noticed that all of our family were there. Joe's parents, his sister, my parents and my brothers and sisters. Joe was sitting in the chair near the fireplace drinking something but I didn't know what.
"Here she is," my dad said as I came into everyone's view.
I smiled at him and walked over to Joe. He smiled up at me and pulled me onto his lap. His arm crept round to rest on my side and I leaned back a little to rest on his chest.
"So, how've you been Mia?" Louise asked me.
"Not bad but I've been better," I smiled at her.
"Not wearing heels tonight, Mia?" Anna asked me.
"No, can't be bothered with them tonight." I replied.
"Well, I think it's time for dinner. What do you think, Mia?" Joe asked me.
"Yeah, I think so." I said, standing up.
Everyone got up and made their way into the dining room for dinner. I was about to walk when I felt Joe's hand grip my wrist. I waited till everyone was out the room before turning round to look at him.
"How are you truly feeling?" He asked quietly so no one could hear.
"Tired but lets just get tonight done with so I can sleep," I told him.
We walked out the living room and made our way into the dining room.

When we walked into the dining room, Joe sat at the top of the table by the door we had just walked through and I sat next to him on his left side. We had arranged for catering staff to cook and serve our dinner for tonight. At 7:45pm, the dinner was served.
We were all laughing and joking away all night during dinner. Joe kept looking at me to see if I was okay but when I caught him looking at me, I simply smiled.
At 9pm, Joe looked at me and stood up.
"Can I have everyone's attention?” Chatter soon stopped and everyone turned to look at him. “I would just like to say that both Mia and I are so happy to have both our families together again for tonight."

I looked up at him and he took my hand in his. His grip on my hand tightened a little and I slightly squeezed his hand to give him some reassurance.

He smiled at me before continuing. "Today has been such an amazing day for me because...god, this is harder than I thought it would be."
"Come on, man. Just get on with it," My youngest brother, Austin, shouted at him.
"Today, Mia and I went to the hospital and...Mia's pregnant.” Joe finally finished.
I heard Joe's mum gasp and a few seconds later, everyone came over and started to congratulate us.
Joe sat back down after everyone had stopped shaking his hand and he pulled me to him and gave me a kiss. I sat back in my seat and held his hand on the table.
"How long have you known?" Charlie asked us.
"Mia told me during our first dance," Joe smiled.
"So you found out the morning of the wedding?" Chloe asked me.
"No, I found out a few days before the wedding." I replied to her.
"Aw, my son's going to be a daddy!" Louise said.
"Mum, please." Joe said while looking over at her.
"So, my little girl gets pregnant and then gets married. Great way of doing things," my dad muttered with slight disappointment in his voice.
"Dad, don't start. You should be happy like everyone else is," I told him.
"I am. I was only just stating the facts," he told me.
"Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?" Susan asked me.
"I don't want to find out but Joe wants to know. I don't mind as long as it's healthy," I replied.
"Well then, I would like to make a toast." Charlie said, standing up with his glass in one hand. "To my son and his wife and their first child together."
Everyone raised their glasses and toasted to us. I looked at Joe and smiled weakly at him.

Everyone left the house at 11pm. I lay down in bed waiting for Joe to get in. He walked out of the bathroom and came over to the bed.
"Very nice, Mr Hart." I smirked at him.
"What is?" He asked, getting into bed.
"You and your Calvin Klein's," I replied.
He smiled at me. "Well, I like to keep you happy don't I?"
"Whatever, Joseph." I said turning my back to him.
I felt him move closer to me and rest his hand on my stomach.
"I can't wait till we have our baby. You'll be a great mother," he said, kissing my shoulder.
"And you'll be a great dad," I replied.
"Thank god we go away on holiday tomorrow. I need a break with my gorgeous wife," he mumbled.
I smiled and fell asleep with a smile on my face.