Chapter 3

When we arrived back inside, Joe guided me towards the dance floor. We came to s top in the middle of the dance floor and he spun round to face me, letting go of my arm in the process. He took his jacket off from around my shoulders and put it back on, buttoning up a single button so it wouldn't move or get in the way as we danced together. I looked at him and giggled.
"What?" he asked me.
"Nothing," I smile.
He returns my smile before taking my left hand and placing it on his shoulder as I put my right hand in his other hand. He pulled me close to him, close enough that I had no other choice but to look ip into his eyes as we danced together to 'Hero'. What a perfect moment.
"So, Mia...what happens after tonight? I mean, after this is over and done with, you'll be leaving me on my own with no hope left in the world of ever seeing you again."

I couldn't help but smirk at his comment. “I wouldn't say that you'll never see me ever again. But, if, after this song and dance is over with, you happen to give me your number, lets see if you're lucky enough for me to call you.”
"And after that?" He questioned.
"After that, we'll see what happens. If we meet again then we'll know that we're meant to be together. If we don't, then we know that we weren't."
He nods, “Fair enough.”

The song ended just as Anna approached us. She tapped me on my shoulder and Joe let me go.
"It's time to leave now, Mia." Anna told me while looking up at Joe.
I nodded and turned back to face Joe. I dug into my clutch bag and gave him my mobile phone to put his number in which he happily accepted.

He quickly typed his number into my phone and handed it back to me. Before I could move my hand away, he quickly held it and I looked at him. "Don't make this hard for me, Joe. I have to go.”
He blinked a few times and let go of my hand. I nodded and walked away from him without looking back.

As we approached the waiting car, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned round and seen Joe's face looking pained at the sight of me leaving him without saying a proper goodbye. Taking a deep breath, I got into the car and took out my phone.

I looked through the contacts in my phone for Joe's number as the car began to drive away. Whne I found it, I pressed the 'Call' button and phoned him.
"Hello," Joe answered.
"I told you were lucky, Mr Hart." I smirked.
"Mia, luck has nothing to do with it. I knew you would call me," He stated.
I laughed to myself. "Lucky me then, isn't it? Since you're so lucky, you may not like what I have to say to you then. I won't be able to see you for a few weeks because my family are going on their annual shopping to America."
"But..." His hopeful voice drew out.
"But, after I get back, we can meet up."
Sounding happier, he replied, "Can't wait."
I smiled and ended the call. Maybe these Charity events aren't as bad as I used to think they were.