Chapter 12

2006 - 19 years old

Going to my dad and asking if I could work at the company was nerve racking! I didn't know what he would say to me and if he thought it was good idea. Luckily, he agreed and told me that it seemed like the safest option for now. My mum was the hardest to convince though.

She thought I would be wasting my talent and time on working in an office from nine till five. She didn't think I belonged in an office environment but my dad soon got her to come round and explained how I came to that decision. I just think that my mum thought I was deliberately trying to hurt her but I wasn't.

When I well and strong enough to start working in the office with my dad, my dad took me in and showed me everything about the company. He showed me what they did, all the different departments that were within it, where some of their other offices located and everything else he thought I should know.

I didn't want to start right at the top, and my dad agreed. I was given a job as an administrative assistant and for all everyone knew who I was and what happened, they didn't treat me differently. I like that.
But that's not the biggest news. I no longer stay with my parents since Joe signed for Manchester City. When he signed for them, he asked me to move in with him and told me that we would both go looking for a house together. Something we could call out own.

After what seemed like weeks of looking at houses, we finally found the perfect house in Cheshire and moved in once everything was ready and sorted out. It wasn't anything big, but if I wanted something bigger, all I would have had to do was phone my dad and he would have sorted something out for us. Our house had four bedrooms – all with their own en-suites, a cinema room and even an indoor swimming pool. It was perfect for us right now.

Sitting on the edge of the bed in the master bedroom, I waited for Joe as he tried to look for something to wear in the walk-in wardrobe.
"You're taking forever," I called to him.
He walked out with no t-shirt on and held up two t-shirts for me to see. "Which one?"
"I kind of like you without any on to be honest," I smirked.
"Very funny. White one?"
"Yeah.”
He dropped the black t-shirt to the floor and pulled the white one on, checking his reflection in the mirror after he did so. I got off the bed and walked over to him and he turned to pull me into his arms.
He lightly kissed the top of my head and sighed. "Why am I so nervous?"
"It's a big thing for you. Manchester City are a Premier League club. You've made it to the big time."
"I haven't made it yet. Let me be first choice goalkeeper then you can say I've made it."
I kissed his lips and pulled away from him to grab my bag that was sitting on the bed. I held it in my hand and turned back to face Joe and he held his hand out for me to take. I smiled and placed my hand in his before we walked out of the room and downstairs.

When we reached the ground floor, Joe reached out to the table that sat near the front door and picked his car keys up. Exiting the house, we left to go to Carrington for his first day as a Manchester City player.

Joe parked the car in a space at the training ground and I got out the passenger seat and walked round to Joe at the drivers side. He kept car going and held the drivers door open for me to get back in. I got comfy the drivers seat and closed the door over. I put the window down and Joe crouched down to look at me.
"I love you," He said to me.
"I love you too," I replied, giving him a quick kiss.
There was a few players walking towards the car and smiled at Joe before mouthing 'have fun' to him. I reversed the car out of the space and drove away to go to the SH Industries Manchester office to be shown around as I was transferring to there for the fact that it was closer for me to travel too.