Chapter 45

I looked around the dining room to see it surrounded with white roses and lit candles. I looked towards the sitting room and noticed that Joe was standing in a plain black suit, holding a bouquet of white roses in one hand. I smiled and walked towards him.
“What's this for?” I asked, stopping at the step that leads down to the sitting room.
Joe stepped towards me. “I'm so sorry for what went on earlier. I never meant to hurt you. It hurts me to see you upset.”
He stopped in front of me and handed me the bouquet.
“Thank you,” I smiled, taking the bouquet off him.
“I know that it's not much but it's best I could do on such short notice.” He put his hands in his pockets and took a deep breath.
I held the bouquet in on arm and leaned down to give him a kiss. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” He smiled while taking my hand and walking me over to the dining table.
He gestured for me to sit down at the table. I placed the flowers on the side of the table before sitting down. He walked over to the other side of the table and sat down opposite me.
“If this is dinner, aren't you forgetting something?” I asked him.
“Like what?” He asked.
I was about to reply to him when I saw Austin walk in, carrying two plates. He placed them in front of us and walked back out without saying a word.
“You planned this didn't you?”
“I don't know what you're talking about,” Joe replied, trying to hide his smile.
“You...never mind.” I shook my head and began to eat the food that was in front of me.
Joe laughed and started to eat.

At 9:30pm, Joe and I were sitting in the sitting room talking. I sat at one end of the oversized couch and he sat at the other.
“So, getting me angry was all a plan?” I asked him.
“It wasn't a plan. I was planning on doing this for a while. You getting angry today just fitted in. I didn't know how angry you were until you left.”
“So, Mr Hart really does care after what I said about him before I stormed up the stairs?”
“Hey, don't start. I do care. I always have and I always will,” he said, leaning over to kiss me.
I pulled away and smiled. “How much?”
“How much do I care? I would do anything for you. I would go to the edge of the world and back for you,” he answered, moving closer to me.
“Would you now?” I replied.
“I would.” He pulled my face closer to his. “I would also kiss you none stop if I could.”
He pressed his lips to mine and held me as close as he could.
"We should-"I started, pulling away from him slightly.
"Yeah, we should." He stood up and pulled me to my feet in the process.
We walked out the room and headed towards the stairs. We stopped at the bottom of the staircase before Joe turned round and kissed me again.
"Move," I said, pushing him away from me.
He laughed and we continued to walk up the stairs. He pushed the bedroom open and we walked inside.