Chapter 23

March 1st 2009 – 12 weeks till the wedding

So far, no one other than our friends and family knew that we were getting married. There had been a few times where the paparazzi almost caught us out, but my management team sorted it.

Today, I was meeting with bridal designer, Caroline Castigliano, to discuss my ideas for my wedding dress. I know that I'm cutting it quite fine to be getting my dress but I can get what I want, whenever I want. I just have to ask my dad and he works his magic and it's done. If I wanted a dress made by her, she will no doubt make my dress as she knows that money won't be an object for me or this wedding.
I walked into my house and spotted Lisa sitting in the living room with Tina and Caroline.
"Sorry I'm late. The garage refused to give me my car back after it's service. But forget that, I'm here now." I put my bag down on the table in the hall and joined them.
"It's fine. Mia, this is Caroline Castigliano," Lisa introduced.
"Of course, it's nice to meet you." I shook her offered hand and smiled.
"It's a pleasure to meet you too," She smiled back.
"Shall we go into the dining room and start talking about your dress?" Tina asked.
I nod and lead the way towards the dining room with them following close behind me.
I took the seat at the head of the table, Lisa and Tina sat to my left and Caroline sat to my right.
"Right, first thing's first, when is the wedding?" Caroline asked me.
"May 24th. This year," I told her.
"That doesn't give me much time to make your dress," she responded, a hint of worry coming through in her voice.
"But you will have time. I mean, aren't you the one who created my big sister's wedding dress in less than twelve weeks? As far as I'm aware of, she had a budget of six thousand for her dress. I, on the other hand, have no such thing as budget." I stated.
"That isn't a problem is it?" Lisa asked.
"Yes, I was the one who designed and created your sister's dress in less than twelve weeks and no, there's no problem.” She clears her throat and shakes her head a little. “Shall we get started then?"
We sat talking for more than two hours about the style, cut, colour and what material to use for the dress. I wanted my dress to look simple but at the same time, I wanted it to be unique.

At 5:30pm, they all left and Joe was due back home at any second. I decided to start making dinner for when Joe arrived back home. He wasn't in the best of moods right now with his football career as he was dropped to the bench after Manchester City went and bought Shay Given. He needed something to put a smile on his face.
I stood in the kitchen when I heard the front door open and close with a bang. Oh no, that isn't good. A few seconds later, Joe stood by the kitchen door with a sad look on his face.
I walked over to him and put my arms around his waist. "What's the matter?"
He looked at me and sighed. "I don't know what to do."
He pulled back and moved away from me to lean against the nearest worktop. I walked over to him and he put his hands on my waist.
"Why don't you move club or go out on loan?" I asked.
"Then what? What will happen if I don't get to play first team football if I do move? Who's to say that if I'm not playing first team football-" He started.
"What? If you're not playing first team football, what?" I said, putting my hands on either side of his face and making him look at me.
Hi eyes glistened a little while he finished. "Who's to say that you're still going to be with me?"
I pulled away from him. "Why would you think that?"
"It's what your probably thinking," he stated.
"Well, I wasn't. I was thinking, 'How am I going cheer my soon-to-be husband up?' actually!" I told him.
"I'm sorry. Come here.” He reached out for me but I stepped further away.
"No!"
He straighten and continued to reach for me. "Mia, please. I'm sorry."
"Don't!" I shouted.
"Fine. Be that way," he snapped.

He walked out of the kitchen, picking his car keys up from where he dumped them on the table in the hall, and without a single glance back at me, walked out the house. When the door slammed shut, I jumped a little and tears began to fall freely from my eyes.

Later that night, I sat up in bed and looked over at the clock. It was nearing 11:30pm and Joe still wasn't home. I picked up my phone and called him. Please answer phone. The phone rang out and went straight to voice mail.
I sighed and left a message. "Joe, please come back home. I miss you. Please come home. I love you."
I ended the call and put the phone down before laying further down in the bed and drifting off to sleep.