Chapter 46

January 9th 2011 – 9.5 months pregnant

I wish that the baby was here by now but he isn't. Joe seems to have gotten it in his head that my due date was two weeks ago, but it's really two weeks away. No one really knows that when a women is pregnant, you go to 40 weeks and not 36.

I stood in the shower letting the warm water fall onto my back. I got a little pain in my stomach but it went as quickly as it came. I turned the water off and stepped out the shower. I picked up a towel and dried myself down before I got ready and walked out into the bedroom to dry my hair.
When I finished drying my hair, I looked at the time. 12:309m. I was going to see Joe play Manchester United today at St. Andrews with Roshien and his parents. Already, the seemed to have dragged in since I was up from six in the morning. I couldn't sleep due to the fact that the baby was moving about like mad and I was feeling uncomfortable.
I stood up and slowly walked towards the bedroom to go down stairs. As I reached the banister, I held onto it as another sharp pain came. Joe walked out of the living room and looked up at me.
“Mia, are you okay?” He asked.
“I'm fine,” I said, starting to walk down the stairs.
“Are you sure? You look a little-” He started.
I stopped on the last step and looked at him. “I'm fine. Honestly.”
“Okay.” He took on of my hands and walked me into the living room to sit down.
I sat on the couch and took the remote control out of Joe's hand.
“Hey!” He shouted, looking down at me.
“Hey, what? I want to watch the TV while you go and make me something to eat,” I said, looking up at him.
He knelled down next me. “And what would you like?”
“Hmm, I don't know. Surprise me,” I said, tapping the top of his head.
“Anything you want,” he smiled.
He stood up and walked into the kitchen to make me something to eat. I started flicking through the channels to see what was on. After a few minutes, I decided that I couldn't be bothered watching the TV anymore, so I reached over for my laptop that was sitting on the coffee table.
“Hey, leave it. I'll get it for you,” Joe said, coming back into the room carrying a plate with a sandwich on it. I sat back and he handed me the plate. I sat it on the arm of the couch and waited for him to hand me the laptop. He sat down next to me and placed the laptop on my lap.
“Thank you,” I smiled while giving him a kiss.
“Like I said, anything you want.” He put his left arm over my shoulders as I turned the laptop on.
I started to eat my sandwich as the laptop started up. I logged in and went onto Google.
“What are you looking for?” Joe asked.
“I want to see what's making the headlines,” I replied, going onto the BBC website.
“Oh, so other than 'Mia Halliwell splashes out over £200,000 on her unborn child in on day!'?” Joe asked, holding up one of today's newspapers.
“What?” I turned and looked at the newspaper. “You have got to be kidding me.”
He moved his arm from my shoulders and opened the newspaper up and began to read the story. “Mia Halliwell and her husband, Joe Hart, may only be weeks away from the arrival of their first child, but it's already got every thing it can need for the next few months.

“Star can exclusively reveal, that the young couple have splashed out on every luxury item that a newborn needs - and has two dream nurseries worth over £300,000 in both their Birmingham and Cheshire homes. The rooms have all the latest gadgets, including a webcam that's hooked up to almost every room in the house.”
“Give me that,” I said, taking the newspaper off him. I looked at it before continuing off where Joe left. “A source says: 'It's really amazing. They have all the latest baby accessories, clothes and cots. The bedrooms also have their own walk-in wardrobe and en-suit bathrooms.' The room is full of flowers, gifts given by celebrities the couple know and cuddly toys. Plus, the drawers are all stuffed with clothes.”
“Told you,” Joe sighed, taking the laptop off me.
“Who the hell is this source?” I asked, feeling anger build up inside me.
“No idea but none of it's true.”
“I know that. Well, only some of it's true. Who even says that we'll be going back to Cheshire? And if we do, who says that we'll be staying in that house?” I questioned.
“The only part of that that's true is the fact that we have actually spent over £300,000 on the nursery and that there are gifts from celebrities.” He said going back onto Google.
“It pisses me off! This is suppose to be a happy time for us and they're trying to ruin it. News must be slow around the world if they're printing this about me.” I stood up after my little rant.
“Where are you going?” Joe asked, slight concern tainting his voice.
“I'm going to go and phone my management to see if they can keep the paparazzi away from the hospital for when I give birth. I don't want anyone getting a picture of the baby and making money off of it,” I told him before walking towards my office.

I had been sat in my office for almost three hours, trying to work out how we'll manage to keep the paparazzi away from the hospital for when I give birth. There was so much that had to be taken into consideration. How many security guards I'd need, what kind of car I'd need and wither or not we should involve the police to handle the paparazzi because they can get a little too crazy around me.
“Fine. I just want it taken care off because I'm getting sick of this,” I said to Lisa on the phone.
“We'll sort it. Don't worry,” she replied to me. “Just get Joe to gives us a call when you go into labour and we'll handle the rest.”
“Will do. Bye,” I said, putting the phone down.
I rested my elbows on the desk and put my head in my hands. The room door slowly opened and Joe came in. I looked up at him.
“I need to go now,” he said, looking down at me.
“What time's it?” I asked, looking at the clock on the computer.
“It's three o'clock. The time I get there, it'll be nearing about four,” he replied.
“Okay.” I shut the computer down.
“My parents and Roshien are waiting for you in the living room,” he mentioned.
“I'll just go up and get changed then we'll leave,” I told him, walking round from behind the desk.
My hand flew to my side when I felt a sharp pain hit.
“Are you sure you're okay?” He asked, moving towards me.
“I'm fine. The baby's just kicking, that's all.” I said, looking up at him. “Don't look at me like that. I'll be fine.”
“If you go into labour before the game starts, send someone down to get me and we'll go to the hospital, okay?”
“I'll be fine. Trust me. This baby isn't coming yet so you're safe to play the entire 90 minutes without having to worry about me going into labour.” I took his hand and we walked into the hall.
We stopped at the front door and I gave him a kiss.
“Remember what I said,” Joe said, picking up his bag and car keys.
“I'll send someone to tell you that I've gone into labour. I know,” I replied, opening the front door for him.
“Yes. I love you,” he said, giving me another kiss before walking out to go to his car.
“Love you too,” I said, watching him walk away.
“Stop looking at my ass!” He called to me as he opened the car door to get in.
“I'm allowed to. I'm your wife and you're hot,” I laughed.
“Whatever. See you later,” he smiled before getting in the car.
“Bye,” I said, closing the door over.
I walked up the stairs to go and get changed.

I walked into my walk-in wardrobe and picked out a pair of black leggings, a loose black top and cardigan to match.
I walked into the bathroom to get changed when I felt something run down my legs. I looked down and noticed that my waters had just broke.
“No, not the now. Please,” I worried, sitting on the edge of the bath as a faint contraction came.
I took deep breaths and waited for the pain to subside before standing up slowly getting changed. God, I hope I can last the full game before I need to go to the hospital.
I put my hand on my stomach after I put my new top on. “Defiantly your fathers son. You both have shit timing with things.”
I put the clothes I changed out of, in the washing basket and started to walk down the stairs.

I saw Roshien walk out to the hall while talking to someone on the phone. She looked up at me walking down the stairs.
“Jake, I have to go. I'll call you later. Bye.” She ended the phone call and put her phone in her jeans pocket before coming over to help me sit down on the second last step. “Are you okay?”
“I'm fine,” I said taking deep breathes.
“Mia, I've known you all my life. Have-” She started.
I nodded my head. “Just don't say anything. I want to wait the now until after the game's over with. Hopefully. Can you hand me my ugg boots?”
She walked over to the cupboard and got my ugg boots, jacket and scarf.
I put them on as I continued to sit on the step.

When I was putting my scarf round my neck, Charlie and Louise came out of the living room and Roshien helped me to my feet.
“Are you okay, Mia?” Louise asked, slight concern filling her voice.
“I'm fine. The baby's just been kicking so much today, it's starting to take the energy away from me.” I lied.
“As long as you're not going into labour, we're fine.” Charlie said, opening the front door.
I smiled weakly at him and walked out the house and headed towards their car. I opened the passenger door at the back of the car and got in.

We arrived at the stadium a little after 4:30pm and security quickly came over to the car and escorted us into the stadium and to our seats. The game kicked off at 5pm sharp and Joe didn't look to be worrying about me. He was so focused on the game.

Near the end of the second half I started to feel the contractions getting stronger. I stood up from my seat and walked back into the private box. Roshien followed me in and I collapsed onto a seat in pain.
“Mia, we've got to get you to the hospital. The baby is coming the now,” she said to me.
“I'll be fine. There's only-”I started before another contraction came. I heard the final whistle go and looked up at her. “Go and get Joe.”
She nodded and quickly ran out the box. Louise and Charlie came into the box and looked at me.
“Mia, what's wrong? Where's Roshien?” Louise asked, coming to sit by my side.
“Roshien is away to go and get Joe because the-” I stopped talking and tried to stand up. “The baby's coming.”
Louise got back to her feet and helped me stand up. Just as I got to my feet, Joe came barging into the box, still in his football kit, with Roshien following close behind. He ran over to me and held my hand.
“Get away from me. You're all sweaty and you stick from playing,” I complained, pushing him away from me.
“You're kind,” I heard Roshien say.
“Mia, I don't care. We need to get you to the hospital,” Joe answered in defence of his look and smell after playing. He took my hand in his sweaty hand and held it tightly.
“Not until you one, get a shower and two, get changed.” I told him.
“Fine. I'll be five minutes. Top,” he compromised before rushing out the box.
Roshien walked over to me and helped me to walk towards the door to go down to the executive entrance to wait on Joe.

Just as we got downstairs, Joe came running over to us. He had showered and was now wearing his suit with his Burberry travel bag in one hand. He took my hand that Roshien held and helped me walk towards the entrance. As the doors opened, fans were waiting for the players to get autographs. We began walking through them as they called for him to get an autograph and picture.
“Sorry guys, my wife is my priority right now. She needs to go to the hospital,” he said to them as we made our way towards his car.
“Is she in labour?” A fan asked.
“What do you think?” Roshien said to the fan.
Joe unlocked the car, opened the passenger door and helped me get in. He closed the door over and ran round to his side. Roshien got in the back and phoned Lisa.
“Joseph, what do you want us to do?” Louise asked Joe before he got in the car.
“Go home and get Mia's bag that's lying in the nursery and bring it to the hospital,” he quickly answered, getting in the car and throwing his travel bag in the back next to Roshien.
“Lisa, did you not hear me? I said that Mia has now gone into labour. We're on our way to the hospital the now,” I heard Roshien say down the phone.
Joe put his seatbelt on and started the car. “We'll be at the hospital soon enough. Don't worry.”
He put his left hand on my thigh and gently stroked it to give me some sort of comfort. I tried to smile at the gesture as he drove out the space and headed towards the hospital.