Chapter 10

2 months later

I was basically back to my normal self now. I was given a program that allowed me to build up my strength again and was starting to walk about more often. Each day, I walk further than I did the previous one. I could keep my eyes open when the lights came on and all I wanted to do was talk to everyone.

I was given a bog, and very long, update on what was happening. I found out that my sister Anna had given birth to a baby girl called Louisa which made me an auntie. She even asked me to be her godmother because she kept saying to Louisa that Angels were looking after me and that if I survived, I would be an angel. Very sweet.

I found out that Roshien was only in a coma for no more than two weeks and that I was only in my coma for longer due to the fact that the lorry hit my side of the car first. Roshien still had her arm in a sling after dislocating it due to the impact.

Today though, I was getting to go home. YEAH! I was happy that my parents were allowing me to go home but I know that they are only doing it because I begged them so much. I think I was starting to annoy them but they had a condition that I was quite happy to abide by. They were changing my care from public to private.

No point in arguing when my dad told me that it wasn't a matter that I would be getting a choice in.

I was sitting back on the hospital bed in my jeans, top and cardigan when the door opened and Joe's beautiful face appeared. I smiled at him.
"Hey," He smiled as he made his way over to sit behind me on the bed.
"Hi," I replied.

I sat up and nestled back against him as he draped his arm over my shoulders and held me close. He held me so close, I could hear his heart beat get a little quicker as I rested my free hand across his stomach.
"All set to go home?" He asked.
"Yeah. My parents are taking care of every thing so I don't have to worry," I smiled.
"Good," he breathed. "You look beautiful by the way. Thought I'd tell you that."
"Are you kidding? I need to get my hair done because it looks terrible. I look terrible." I buried my face in his chest, trying to hide the sight of my pale skin and messy hair.
He laughs. "You don't look terrible. You never have and you never will.”
"But, I need to-" I started.
"You need to give me a kiss before I tell you to shut up and make you upset."
I pulled back slightly and looked up at him before he gently gave me a kiss on the lips.
The room door opened and Chad comes in.
"Oops, sorry to interrupt.” He mentioned, causing us to break apart. “Mia, if you're ready to go, we're ready to take you home."
I groan and sit up from Joe, slipping my Converse shoes on that sat at the edge of the bed in a box. Joe moves off the bed and helped me stand up. He held my left hand in his and placed his right hand on the base of my back, keeping me close to him as we walked. Chad smiled at us when picked my bags up and held the room door open.

The walk towards the entrance of the hospital seemed long and tiring. Nurses and doctors walked with us, talking about my progress and needs for when I got home. Nothing I haven't heard before.

We walked towards the entrance that was surrounded by waiting paparazzi standing at either side of the electronic doors.

My grip on Joe's left hand tightened slightly as I glanced up at him. His jaw set and he pulled me tight against his side. I knew then that he was going to protect me from what was about to happen.

A group of security guards, wearing all black suits, walked through the entrance doors and approached us. My dad steeped away from the doctors and nurses and started mumbling quietly to them. With nods of their heads, they turned to me and Joe and stood at either side of us as we walked closer to the exit.

The doors slid open and lots of camera flashes and shouting came.
"Mia, is this your boyfriend?"
"How long have you two been dating?"
"How does it feel to be back outside?"
"What actually happened to you?"
"Are you able to talk yet?"

I took no notice of the question as I was guided towards the waiting car but there was one thing that really got to me. It made me so upset and Joe was starting to get angry with it. So angry, he almost flew into a rage over how hurt I was by it.