Chapter 41

My eyes shot open before I tried to slowly back out the room without the figure standing with his back to me, noticing I was standing in the room.
“I don't think so, Mia.” Paul said, turning round to face me and pointing the gun he held in his hand to me. “Back in.”
I didn't know what to do. If I ran, he'd pull the trigger. If I just stood there, there was a chance he'd still pull the trigger. Slowly, I walked back into the room, my eyes never leaving the gun he held in his steady hand.
“Take a seat. You and I have some catching up to do.” He kept a straight face and never looked away from me.
I walked over to the bed and slowly sat down on it as Paul walked over to the bedroom door and closed it over. There was a slight 'click' as he locked the door so no one could get in.

Turning, he walked back over to me and crouched down in front of me. “I didn't want to do this but you've made me do this. All you had to do was allow me to be yours and none of this would've had to happen.”
He reached his hand up to touch my face and I moved further back onto the bed. He laughed loudly and stood up.
“So, you're going to play it that way? Well, I do love a good game.”

He walked over to the french doors, keeping his back to me, and simply looked out at the back garden. I looked at him and tried to move off the bed. I put my feet on the floor when I felt his hands draw me back onto the bed. I screamed as he pinned me to the bed.
“I wouldn't do that if I were you. You may never know what will happen to both blondie outside and your little baby.” With every word he spoke, his head moved closer to my face.
“Please, Paul. I'm begging you-” I begged, trying to wriggle free from his hold. “Let me go.”
“I don't hear blondie coming to save you. He must not love you as much as he says he does. But me...I can love you so much more than he does,” he said, trying to kiss me.
I moved my hand to his arm and dug my nails into his skin as hard as I could. With a loud grunt, he got off me. I quickly got off the bed and ran to the door. I tried to unlock it when a gun blast rang out.

I looked at the side of the door and noticed that there was a single bullet hole. I slowly turned round to face him and saw the gun positioned towards me once again.
“Don't make me do this to you,” he shouted through gritted teeth. “I don't want to hurt you. I never have. I only meant for the lorry to scare you. I didn't mean for it to crash into the side of your car. It wasn't till I overheard you talking about blondie, it angered me. I had no other choice.”

He walked closer to me and sighed.“But if you want blondie so badly, I'll let you go.” Reaching for the lock on the door, he unlocked the door but grabbed me by the arm. “But I'm not that nice.”
He opened the door and pushed me out onto the landing and looked down at Joe and the police officers.
“Paul, let her go. You don't know what you're doing,” a police officer tried to reason with him.
“I think I do know what I'm doing. If I didn't, I wouldn't be in love with her and she wouldn't be carrying my child.” I knew his words were directed to Joe because the look on Joe's face turned from worry to anger.
“She isn't carrying your child, Paul. She doesn't love you. Can't you see that? Just let her go.”
“But she does. She told me she did when I first met her. I told her I loved her and she said she loved me,” he said while looking at me.
“She's a famous. She says that to all her fans,” Joe said, getting angry at the sight of Paul touching me.
I felt the baby kick and my hands flew to my stomach.
“Is my baby kicking? Can I feel it?” Paul asked, moving his hand towards my stomach.
“Get your filthy hands away from my wife!” Joe said, running up the stairs.
Paul turned round to look at Joe and moved the gun to point it at him. “Take one more step and I'll kill her and the baby. Don't think I won't.”
“You won't if you love her like you say you do,” the police officer said, coming up behind Joe. “Now, give us the gun.”
“Glad to,” Paul said, pointing the gun towards my head. “After I kill someone first.”
I closed my eyes as a gun shot went off. I felt the weight on my arm release and something fall to the ground by my feet. I opened my eyes and looked at the floor next to me. I screamed at the sight I saw and felt Joe grab my hand. He helped me down the stairs and out the house.

He quickly walked me over to stand by the police cars and pulled me into his arms.
“I'm here. He's gone, you're fine. I'm not going anywhere,” Joe said, rubbing my back as I cried into his chest.
“I-I-” I stuttered.
“We'll go house hunting tomorrow. I won't keep you in that house after this. We'll get another house, I promise.”