Chapter 26

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock at the side of the bed. 11:30am. Wow, I never sleep till this time! I have meetings with interior designers today to get the ballroom decorated and re-painted for the wedding. That was at 3pm but right now, I'm too tired to even think about anything.
I felt Joe's arms tighten around my waist and draw me in closer to his chest. His lips started kissing my bare shoulder and I laughed.
"Why are you laughing?" He asked in between kisses.
"I'm happy and you make me laugh," I said, turning round to face him.
"I'm sorry if..." He started.
"Don't waste the moment, Joe. Forget that and lets just focus on today," I told him.
He pulled me closer to him and began kissing me. He rolled me onto my back and began deepening the kiss when his phone started to ring. We pulled apart and I laughed at him.
"Someone must hate me right now," he said, getting off the top of me and reaching over the side of the bed for his phone.
"Your phone is down there.” I point to the floor and reach for him. “Try in your trouser pockets”
He picks his trousers up and takes his phone out. He sat back in the bed, leaning against the headboard. "Hello?"
I moved closer to him and rested my head on his chest while he held me close to him. My right hand lay just above his waist and my other hand hay behind his back.
"No, I'm not. I don't know what I'm..." he started. He looked down at me and I smirked. "...I don't know what I'm doing then...That's after the...can I call you back when I've got time to talk? Okay, bye."
He put the phone down and looked at me.
"Yes?" I asked, turning my head to look up at him.
"You're mean," he simply said.
I moved up to look at him face-to-face. "You know you love it."
"Do I?" He asked me, moving his head closer to mine.
"Yeah, you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't have ended the phone call." I replied, moving even closer to him.
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, it is. Shame though," I stated.
"Whys that?" He asked.
"I don't want you the now," I said getting out of bed.
I picked my nightgown up off the end of the bed and put it on. I looked at Joe and smirked while I walked in the bathroom.
"You're a tease!" He called to me.
"You know you love it!" I replied to him.

It was 3pm and I had just finished talking to Tina about the seating chart for the wedding. Tina was taking care of that while Lisa took care of all the big things. Today was going to be a long day. I left Tina in my office to sort the seating chart as I went into the dining room with Lisa to talk to the interior designers about the ballroom.
I sat next to Lisa across from the designers.
"Right, first things first, you're father said it was fine to do whatever you want to the ballroom, so that's fine." Michelle smiled.
"Of course he would. He kinda has to," I laughed.
"So Mia, what style or theme were you thinking?" Suzanne asked me.
"I want it to be bright. I want black and white material falling down from the chandelier and attaching to the wooden beams that run along the walls. But, I want it to look like a starry night." I explained.
"That sounds..." Lisa started.
"Wow. I can't wait for this wedding now." I heard Joe gasp.
I looked at him standing at the door and smiled. "I should think so. There's so much planning gone into this."
A few seconds later, Tina appeared next to Joe and I looked at her.
"I think you should come with me," she said to me and Lisa.
"What is it?" Lisa asked, getting up.
"It's a big thing. Your really should come right now.”
I looked at the designers. "As you have just seen, something has come up."
"It's okay. We've got what we need to mainly know. We'll go to your father and tell him what you plan to do." Suzanne said to me, gathering her things up. Michelle and Suzanne walked out the dining room and left the house.
I walked into my office with Joe and looked at Tina.
"What's happened?" I asked her.
"Someone has just phoned me to say that they know that the two of you are getting married and are going to sell the story." Tina responded quickly.
"What?" I shouted.
"I don't know how they know but we have to do something." Tina said, looking at Lisa.
I started shaking and sat down on the couch in the room. Joe sat down next to me and held me close. He kissed my head and started telling me that we'll get it sorted.
"Lisa, sort this. Right now!" I shouted.
"Don't worry, we will." She replied to me.
I stood up and walked out the room. I ran up the stairs towards the bedroom and slammed the door shut, Joe following close behind. I lay on my side of the bed and Joe kneeled down in front of me. He began to stroke my hair out of my face. "It'll be fine, I promise you. We'll sort it. If it means telling people the truth, we'll do it."
"What did you just say?" I asked him.
"We'll tell people the truth?" He asked.
"That's it!" I said.
I get off the bed and run down the stairs to the office.
"What did I do?" Joe called after me.

I ran into the office and looked at Lisa who was sitting behind my desk on the phone to someone.
"I've got it. I know how to get out of this," I breathed.
"Look, I have to go. Bye." Lisa ended the call and put the phone down. "What?"
"Get a magazine to cover it. Get OK! magazine to cover it. They're good at keeping secrets. They kept the secret about me and Joe being together when I was 16. They kept that a secret for two years!" I told her.
"Why didn't I think of that? I'll give them a call to go to the office for a meeting and we'll talk about it then." She picked the phone back up and smiled.
I turned round and looked at Joe. He smiled at me and I ran over to him. I hugged him tightly and he lifted me off the ground and spun me around.
"I love you so so much!" I said to him as he put me back down.
"I love you too," he said, moving his head down to kiss me.