Prologue

People look at me and think I have my life pieced together so easily. They think I've got everything I could possibly ever dream of having. But they have no idea how hard my life has been.

They don't know the hard work I've had to put in to make everything work out. I've had to work hard on my career and even at my relationship. I've never had it easy and nor would I want to ever have it that easy.

Yes, I have things I only ever dreamed of having. Yes, I have an amazing husband who's a footballer. Yes, we have four gorgeous children together. But all of that has come at some sort of price. A price I have had to pay time and time again.

To some, I'm known as Joe Hart's wife but to most, he's known as Mia Halliwell's husband. Being known worldwide has it's advantages and disadvantages.

How I met Joe isn't like how you would all think. I didn't go to a nightclub or anything like that, how we met was completely different and it happened long before he became a professional footballer.

We kept our relationship a secret for almost two years before everyone found out about us being together – longer than we thought we'd last to be honest.

Things that would have ripped a relationship apart, have only made us stronger.

Let me take you back to where it all began. Hopefully, then, you will understand my story a little bit better.

This is my story...